Solved

How can I redirect my Shopify store to a custom URL?

jkosoglow
Tourist
17 0 3

I'm new at Shopify.  Is there a way to direct my store to an URL instead of this:

Change from: https://harleymon.myshopify.com/

Change to: https://www.harleymon.com

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @jkosoglow 

Thank you for joining the Shopify Community and sharing your question here. I understand you want to connect a custom domain to your store to replace your myshopify.com URL. I can help you with that!

Your myshopify.com domain is created when you first make your store and is your account's unique identifier. Your store admin will always be connected to the .myshopify.com URL, but you can definitely change the customer facing domain to a domain of your choice. These alternate domains are not free though, and you will be required to purchase them on a yearly subscription basis. If the domain renewal expires in the future, you could lose access to that domain and have to use a new one. 

You can buy an unused domain through your Shopify admin or through a third party domain host of your choice. If that domain is already owned or in use, you will not be able to purchase it and will need to use a different domain for your business. You can learn more about this in our Help Center by following the link below:

Help Center - Adding a domain 

If you have additional questions, please reply back and I'm happy to help.

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @jkosoglow 

Thank you for joining the Shopify Community and sharing your question here. I understand you want to connect a custom domain to your store to replace your myshopify.com URL. I can help you with that!

Your myshopify.com domain is created when you first make your store and is your account's unique identifier. Your store admin will always be connected to the .myshopify.com URL, but you can definitely change the customer facing domain to a domain of your choice. These alternate domains are not free though, and you will be required to purchase them on a yearly subscription basis. If the domain renewal expires in the future, you could lose access to that domain and have to use a new one. 

You can buy an unused domain through your Shopify admin or through a third party domain host of your choice. If that domain is already owned or in use, you will not be able to purchase it and will need to use a different domain for your business. You can learn more about this in our Help Center by following the link below:

Help Center - Adding a domain 

If you have additional questions, please reply back and I'm happy to help.

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog