Change color background only in Homepage - Highlight theme

Francesca5
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi everyone! I would like to change the color background (black) of the homepage and the color text (white). Thank you very much!

Replies 9 (9)

Alpha_Geek
Shopify Partner
17 5 2

Hi Francesca5,

I'm happy to assist you with this, would you be happy to provide me with access to your site's code only and I can change it for you, or can you tell me what theme you are using and I will try provide instructions?

Thanks

Francesca5
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi, thank you very much! Unfortunately I cannot give you access to the site, but the theme site we have chosen is the "Highlight theme" https://themes.shopify.com/themes/highlight/styles/modern 

Alpha_Geek
Shopify Partner
17 5 2

No problem. So what you would need to do is, on the backend of your store, click 'Online Store' -> 'Customize' once that loads, in the bottom left click 'Theme settings' and on the right click 'Colors' and you will see a box for Text color and background color.

Screenshot-(2).png

Francesca5
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi Alpha_Geek, thank you, but if I do this i change the color of each page, not only the homepage 😕

Alpha_Geek
Shopify Partner
17 5 2

Can you give me your store name/url please?

Alpha_Geek
Shopify Partner
17 5 2

If you go again to 'Online store' -> 'Actions' -> 'Edit code' -> 'Assets' -> 'theme.css' and paste this at the very bottom and click Save in the top right: 

.template-index { background-color: #000; color: #fff; }

Francesca5
Tourist
19 0 2

I have added it and it only turns the header and footer part black, the center remains white.

Schermata 2021-07-23 alle 09.41.56.png

Alpha_Geek
Shopify Partner
17 5 2

Try adding !important on the end like below:

.template-index { background-color: #000 !important; color: #fff !important; }

It is tough tell without actually seeing your site...could you send me your url and the password to enter so i can see your homepage please.

Francesca5
Tourist
19 0 2

I tried but it doesn't work. I can't give you access because I am an employee, the site is not mine. Anyway, thank you very much, I appreciate your help 🙂