Change copyright date in footer

Alvena_Raiford-
1 0 0

hello I recently switched from big cartel to Shopify but I had my website since 2015. In my Shopify it says 2018 at the bottom how do I change to year to 2015. If anyone can help please. Thank you 

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 154

Hi there Alvena!

Don here from Shopify!

I've actually gone ahead and found where in your theme code this needs to be changed and made the edit for you.

If you are not happy with this for any reason you can simply revert the changes to line 118 of your footer.liquid file by clicking on the 'Older versions' link at the top of the liquid file and rolling back to before my changes just now.

This can be done with any .liquid (not CSS) files so you don't have to worry too much about making small edits if you're not super coding-savvy (like myself).

Our theme support team did want me to let you know that this change would in effect mean you had stopped claiming copyright to the intellectual property in this store as of 2016, so you might want to keep that in mind with this change moving forward.

Of course, if there is anything else I can help with please just let me know!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
salmajed
5 0 0

Hey Don!

I'm having the same issue, my copyright date is 2019 but it currently says 2021 and I can't figure out how to do it

store - www.infuseatea.com

0 Likes
divinejtouch
2 0 1

Hey Don!

I'm having the same issue, my copyright date is 2016 but it currently says 2021 and I can't figure out how to do it. do i go to the same line in my code t make the change. 

https://divinejtouchcollection.com

0 Likes

Hey @Divin ,
It looks like you are using the Brooklyn theme.
Open section/footer.liquid file and search for "copy".
You might found it on line number 186
Replace the following line with 2016 or any year that you want to post.
{{ 'now' | date: '%Y' }}

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
Contact me on: Michal.morek@accomplishify.com
0 Likes
divinejtouch
2 0 1
Thank you i found it