Change currency after test transaction on development store

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need to change the currency on a development store: issue is that I ran a test transaction and it counted as a first transaction, thereby prompting me to contact Shopify Support for this to happen. Is there someone out here who can please help? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1240 123 314

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @obrigado 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

When it comes to requests like this it is best to contact support directly so that we can gain access to your account and make the relevant changes for you - we can't authenticate you as the owner of an account through a public forum such as this. Go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email. You can also reach our Support team @ShopifySupport on Twitter or through Messenger on Facebook here.

I will reach out to you directly via email to authenticate you as the owner of this account so I can make these changes. I must let you know first as there are certain impacts of changing your store's currency. These main impacts are:

- Reporting: With changing between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. When you switch to USD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. Since €1 is not equal to $1 USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

- Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - €20 is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

- Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you don't know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you should reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing your selling currency.

If you are happy to proceed with the change, respond to my email confirming the myshopify.com address of your store. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes