Change domain for instagram shopping to work.

Highlighted
1 0 4

Hi all,

I recently started up my shopify business last month however have had trouble setting up instagram shopping. I've contacted facebook numerous times and no help.

When in instagram app, i select set up instagram shopping and it prompt me to verify my domain however its the wrong domain, its my original shopify domain. I need to change it to my new domain which is already verified on facebook to start my insta shopping.

hoping someone knows a solution?

many thanks.

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Having the exact same issue, wish someone suggests a solution to this because it seems like a bug of Instagram shopping.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Same issue!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Also happening to me please someone help

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I went back into Facebook business manager -> Brand Safety-> domains and deleted the shopify domain that was connected with my ig and left personalized domain (verified). This seemed to work. My ig page populated in the setup page on shopify and allowed me to move on to the next step of the ig shop setup. Good Luck! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Has anybody found a solution to this? I have changed everything in FB Business Manager and it's all approved but on Insta it still is asking me to approve the old domain that I deleted? Very frustrating and difficult to find out how to solve the issue. Thanks heaps, Amy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hello all!
I had this issue and now it’s resolved, you have to contact Facebook support via chat and open a case about this.
It took about a month and some pressure from me but they dealt with it and “unlocked“ the Instagram shopping in order to request a review again. I got approved everything works now.
Hope this works for you too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for this! I actually have found I don't have access to the chat option from my Business Manager for some reason (I'm not sure why) but I will submit an email and hope that I get a response, thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Exact same issue +++++++ frustrated for weeks about this!!

Tried Shopify support

Tried Facebook Business support

Tried Facebook Developer support

Someone please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

After months of trying to figure it out and trying everything, I just deleted the facebook off of my shopify and redid everything and now I am waiting for verification!  It finally seemed to work, fingers crossed!

1 Like