Change domain for instagram shopping to work.

pap699
Visitor
1 0 6

Hi all,

I recently started up my shopify business last month however have had trouble setting up instagram shopping. I've contacted facebook numerous times and no help.

When in instagram app, i select set up instagram shopping and it prompt me to verify my domain however its the wrong domain, its my original shopify domain. I need to change it to my new domain which is already verified on facebook to start my insta shopping.

hoping someone knows a solution?

many thanks.

Replies 19 (19)

mariaf
Visitor
2 0 3

Having the exact same issue, wish someone suggests a solution to this because it seems like a bug of Instagram shopping.

lezdress
Visitor
1 0 2

Same issue!

Laurence2
Visitor
2 0 1

I have the same issue. It's really frustrating

Deionslocker
Visitor
1 0 2

Also happening to me please someone help

Sebastianc2010
Visitor
1 0 0

I went back into Facebook business manager -> Brand Safety-> domains and deleted the shopify domain that was connected with my ig and left personalized domain (verified). This seemed to work. My ig page populated in the setup page on shopify and allowed me to move on to the next step of the ig shop setup. Good Luck! 

AmyG21
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anybody found a solution to this? I have changed everything in FB Business Manager and it's all approved but on Insta it still is asking me to approve the old domain that I deleted? Very frustrating and difficult to find out how to solve the issue. Thanks heaps, Amy

mariaf
Visitor
2 0 3
Hello all!
I had this issue and now it’s resolved, you have to contact Facebook support via chat and open a case about this.
It took about a month and some pressure from me but they dealt with it and “unlocked“ the Instagram shopping in order to request a review again. I got approved everything works now.
Hope this works for you too!

AmyG21
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks for this! I actually have found I don't have access to the chat option from my Business Manager for some reason (I'm not sure why) but I will submit an email and hope that I get a response, thank you! 

Stephenjames582
Visitor
2 0 0

What email did you use as I can’t seem to get it sor yet d 

Stephenjames582
Visitor
2 0 0

On my Instagram it has a domain that I need to verify but that domain doesn’t exist and I can’t seem to change it any ideas?

knotstranded
Visitor
1 0 1

Okay, I have been dealing with this for a month!  You can NOT edit DNS settings with the .shopify url.  However, I finally got a customer service agent on chat with Shopify that was able to help.  You CAN do a metatag verification.  This worked IMMEDIATELY and after a month, I got a message from Instagram saying I was now approved to shop!!  Use this option instead of dns verification!

Laurence2
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi

I unlinked shopify from instagram, then relinked it. Uninstalled the instagram app and reinstalled it, then followed the process to select a domain in Instagram, then in FB Business Manager add a domain and verify using a meta tag. I am no IT whizz but I managed to get through it after a couple of searches.

joyfulheartsco
Visitor
2 0 1

How do  you add a meta tag for verification?

Thingey
Visitor
1 0 1

This has happen to me to. So frustrating. Been trying to set up shopping for 2 hours now. I keep going in circles. 

katalinasbtq
Visitor
2 0 3

Exact same issue +++++++ frustrated for weeks about this!!

Tried Shopify support

Tried Facebook Business support

Tried Facebook Developer support

Someone please help!

katalinasbtq
Visitor
2 0 3

After months of trying to figure it out and trying everything, I just deleted the facebook off of my shopify and redid everything and now I am waiting for verification!  It finally seemed to work, fingers crossed!

mashrap
Visitor
2 0 0

Sorry, I also have a domain verification problem, instagram does not see my own domain and asks to verify not my domain ...
How did you solve this problem, please the details ... ? Thanks!

SofiaQueiroz
Visitor
1 0 0

It seems to happen a lot. It´s happening to me as well and it´s so frustrating. Can Shopify get a quick turn around about this? A guide to how to fix it as it happens with so many customers?

joyfulheartsco
Visitor
2 0 1
I have tried contacting Shopify but was told there’s nothing they can do. And that this needs to be fixed on facebook/ig side.