Solved

Can I update my store name in the Shopify order confirmation email?

5wsleather
Visitor
2 0 0

hello,

I have changed my store name to a new name and changed all details and domain names etc but when someone puts an order through it is coming up with the new name and then it says Thankyou for shopping with ‘my old name’ 

how do I change this as I know I can’t change the shopify URL 

I also have thre order printer app and it is also coming up the old business name

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @5wsleather

June here from Shopify.

Nice work getting all of those details updated with your new name!

I'm curious to know exactly where your old name is still appearing - is this in the order confirmation email your customer receives after their purchase? Or on the final page of their checkout?

In regards to your Order Printer app, have you ever customized either your invoice or shipping label template?

In each of these instances, the most important place to make sure you've updated your store name is under Settings > General > Store name in your Shopify admin. After you save this change, you can visit a recent order in your admin, select More actions > Print with Order Printer and you should see your new business name at the top of that invoice.

If you're still finding that that's not the case, feel free to share any examples of your old name appearing where it shouldn't so I can take a look!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @5wsleather

June here from Shopify.

Nice work getting all of those details updated with your new name!

I'm curious to know exactly where your old name is still appearing - is this in the order confirmation email your customer receives after their purchase? Or on the final page of their checkout?

In regards to your Order Printer app, have you ever customized either your invoice or shipping label template?

In each of these instances, the most important place to make sure you've updated your store name is under Settings > General > Store name in your Shopify admin. After you save this change, you can visit a recent order in your admin, select More actions > Print with Order Printer and you should see your new business name at the top of that invoice.

If you're still finding that that's not the case, feel free to share any examples of your old name appearing where it shouldn't so I can take a look!

5wsleather
Visitor
2 0 0
Thankyou for your reply

Yeah it is coming up in the order confirmation that gets sent to the customer. It is saying the new logo at the top and then down the bottom of the confirmation it says "Thankyou for shopping with the old buisness name".

Do you know how i can change this?
June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Thanks so much for that context!

If you're comfortable sharing a screenshot of exactly where you're seeing that text, I'd be happy to take a look. You can also review the order confirmation template yourself by visiting Settings > Notifications > Order confirmation > Actions > Preview.

The reason I ask is that by default your store name will only be included at the very top of the email. If your (old) store name is appearing elsewhere, is it possible that the notification was edited at one point in time to include it? A couple of things we can check:

• Do a command-F search for your store name within Email Body (HTML). Are you seeing the tag {{ custom_message }} nearby?
  • If you would like to reset the template to its default, click Revert to default below the template editor.

I hope this helps! Lastly, when you did edit Settings > General > Store name, was this change reflected on your Order Printer documents?