Change how uploaded images are named in the file

2 0 0

I'm new to Shopify though not with web coding (I dabble on the side with other CMSs), and we've come across a problem where our site is loading extremely slowly impacting our visits and overall business. This hasn't happened before, so after running a few audits, we discovered that the file naming is one of the potential problems. Some servers won't cache a url with "?" in the name. Is it possible to change how the code that gives a new image file a url or an app to help with this? 

You can check out the site at rockinmonkey.com.

Any help would be awesome.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 27 67

Hey, there! 

This is Dallas from the Social Care team here at Shopify. 

Although there isn't a way to mass change items that have already been uploaded to Shopify, I have found some ways that could help you to save time changing the names when you do it on your computer.  

These documents here will be able to guide you through the simple steps either on a Mac or on a Windows.

There is also an app that can assist in this process. It is called Bulk Rename Utility and you can download it for free with CNET. This should really help to speed up the process. 

I hope this helps to save you some time! If you would like more assistance or if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out! We are here 24/7 to help

Cheers, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes