Change of Store Domain Name - can we do it?

Solved
Dklopez1019
1 0 0

We purchased a pre-bundle store from a consultant so we can begin our journey as an on line store owner.

The current name of the Shopify domain:  Robsof.myshopify.com    We would like to make DavidLamps.myshopify.com.

IS this something we can do or do we need assistance from Shopify?

We also have a domain name we would like to add to this site .

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Likes
theArtChick
2 0 0

Click Home < look on left find " add domain"  in there you can do changes.  I'm not an expert but was looking into that today

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
698 69 91

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Dklopez1019!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

When opening a Shopify account, one of the first steps is to enter a store name. This store name then becomes the .myshopify.com URL for the account. Spaces are replaced with dashes (-), since a domain can't have a space in it. So for example, if "Store Name" was entered, the URL would be "store-name.myshopify.com". The .myshopify.com URL is considered your shops permanent domain, and this cannot be changed or deleted. The only way to have a different .myshopify.com URL is to create a brand new account and enter the desired name from the beginning. 

With that said, I see you also want to connect a custom domain to the account that you already own, and this is absolutely possible. We have some great documentation in our Help Center on adding a custom domain to your account. Furthermore, once you add your custom domain, you can make it the primary domain for your account- meaning all traffic on your site will be redirected to it, and it will be the only domain that customers see. When a custom domain is connected to an account, the .myshopify.com URL is mainly used for administrative purposes. 

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding domains on Shopify, or if you need any assistance getting your custom domain connected to the account. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes