Change or remove the word "products" from url

Highlighted
6 0 0

Is it possible to change or remove the word "products" from a product's url? For example:

myshop.com/products/awesome-event

I'd rather have the url be myshop.com/awesome-event or myshop.com/events/awesome-event

Is this possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
730 0 50

While you can set up URL redirects at myshop.com/awesome-event, it'll need to redirect to a final canonical product URL, which includes /products/. We've had some internal discussion about being able to set completely custom URLs like you're looking for but have decided to wait on implementing this particular feature.

I work for Shopify.
3 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Cool, good to know. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

any update on this?

@Jonathan_Snook1 wrote:

While you can set up URL redirects at myshop.com/awesome-event, it'll need to redirect to a final canonical product URL, which includes /products/. We've had some internal discussion about being able to set completely custom URLs like you're looking for but have decided to wait on implementing this particular feature.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

we would love an update as to when this feature will be implemented. Would love a more streamlined/shortened web link for my clients.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I want to same question that How to remove the word "products" from url?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Please can you find away to remove product from the URL, when i look at the seo for my competitors and how they rank above me using SE Ranking it is clear the majority have their domain and then product name and this must affect how google reads urls and find products. I am trying to think of every solution to improve my sites seo and it would be nice to have to option at least

0 Likes