1 0 0

im so happy, thank you

soalskul.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is perfect! Thank you!

@Eric_Seastrand wrote:

Pro tip: Instead of modifying the HTML outright, just define your own powered_by_link by assigning a value, or capturing some HTML. I have this at the top of my footer.liquid.

{% capture powered_by_link %}
<a href="https://www.bubbleup.net">Empowered by Bubble Up</a>
{% endcapture %}

This has several advantages:
1. In the Debut theme, there are two places where the powered_by_link gets output. Keeping it updated in two places is just a pain...
2. When manually merging in code changes (like when there's a new version of your theme), it's way more obvious that this is custom stuff that belongs in your custom theme. If it's just HTML and variables, it can be confusing to know what belongs where.
3. The Debut footer template is already a cluttered mess. It's way easier to know your syntax is right when you aren't 6 indentation levels deep. "[I]f you need more than 3 levels of indentation, you're screwed anyway, and should fix your program." - Linus Torvalds (creator of Linux)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Eric_Seastrand wrote:

Pro tip: Instead of modifying the HTML outright, just define your own powered_by_link by assigning a value, or capturing some HTML. I have this at the top of my footer.liquid.

{% endcapture %}

1. In the Debut theme, there are two places where the powered_by_link gets output. Keeping it updated in two places is just a pain...
2. When manually merging in code changes (like when there's a new version of your theme), it's way more obvious that this is custom stuff that belongs in your custom theme. If it's just HTML and variables, it can be confusing to know what belongs where.
3. The Debut footer template is already a cluttered mess. It's way easier to know your syntax is right when you aren't 6 indentation levels deep. "[I]f you need more than 3 levels of indentation, you're screwed anyway, and should fix your program." - Linus Torvalds (creator of Linux)

I like the idea to separate html and text too,

and this is what I was searching for!

thanks Eric!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you kazvampires l resepkuali

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Works Perfectly, Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 2

Thanks so much for this!!!

@Eric_Seastrand wrote:

{% endcapture %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you very much you helped a lot god bless you.

portal estreia musica

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

Your Pro tip works with one of our sites, both sites are using Debut theme, we have implemented your tip in the footer section of www.stafify.com but, when we apply it to www.spasify.com it is not working. Please help. 

0 Likes