Change " Subscribe to our newsletter" in payment page checkout

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, I've been looking for a way to edit the "Subscribe to our newsletter" from the payment page during checkout.

It seems like it's not in the "edit language" section since it's not part of the theme. Can anyone guide me how to change that phrase "Subscribe to our newsletter" in the payment page at checkout?

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Highlighted
30 0 0

Hello,

Can I get your existing website URL for review your problem? If you don't mind can we discuss more on googlemail?

I am happy to assist you.

Awaiting your positive reply.

Thank you

Madvin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 0 20

Hi Fred!

Kerstin here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

You can change the phrase ‘Subscribe to our newsletter’ in your Theme’s language editor:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, and then click Themes

2. Click the ... button, then click Edit language.

The phrase you are looking for is under the Checkout & system tab in the Checkout newsletter section. The easiest way to find it is by typing the phrase ‘Subscribe to our newsletter’ in the Search bar. You will then see the relevant line that you can edit:

You can also disable this message altogether via your admin by going toSettings > Checkout. Scroll down to the Order Processing section and select "Disable and hide this field" under the option "Collecting consent to send promotional emails to customers from your store":

I hope this helps. You can respond directly on this thread, or via email for any clarification!

Cheers,

Kerstin | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Kerstin,

Thank you for your help, that solved it!

Bests,

Fred

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

These instructions no longer seem to work since the admin tool redesign.  @Kerstin can you direct me to the new location to edit this text?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Has anyone found a way to do this since the redesign?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

The box is now called "Accept marketing checkbox label" 

0 Likes