Change server region

3 0 0

Hello guys,

i was wondering if it is possible to change my server region of my domain?

Currently i have a lot issues due to the server region. I am now in Europe however the region is still canada. Is ther a way to change that server 1 on 1 to EU?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
852 86 130

Nope. For now, all Shopify servers are located in NA. The CDN might work across regions as it is a third-party service with a distributed network.

What are the issues you are currently facing, if I may ask? Are these performance, security, data location related?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
3 0 0
Hey,

I am having a lot of performance issue's and i am not sure whether it is
due to the server region or due to some other factors?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 312

Hi @TheTrendyGamer,

Nick here from Shopify. 

As @Visely-Team mentioned the main data centers are in the US so customer data will be stored there, with most of the actual website content will be hosted to you via the CDN. There has been no other reports of the servers being down, so I am guessing it would be something else. Would you be able to go into some detail of the exact issues you are facing and we can take a deeper look into what they are and why they might be happening? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Nick,

Currently the website takes alot of loading time. At first i thought it was the amount of products on the website however i have deleted some items now. However the website is a little bit faster but still takes alot of loading time.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 312

@TheTrendyGamer, it really could be a number of things, the main things which tend to cause this are removing unused apps and making sure images are optimized. Shopify created a short guide going into a few details about this which could shed some light for you. You can read it here

There is also a much more detailed blog post from the support team that goes into more complicated aspects of how to speed up a web page which you can read here

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes