Change the shipper on returns?

Matt37
Explorer
58 0 40

We sell large heavy items.  But we also offer returns if the customer is unhappy with anything.  

Why when I ship an item out I can sent it UPS Ground, but when I create a return label it's always USPS 2day? I'm paying twice as much to have  items returned to me.

Is this a setting I'm missing?

Please help. 

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
62 23 10

Hi, @Matt37

Hilary here, I work at Shopify. Happy to explain what is likely happening here. Are you using Shopify Shipping for your shipping rates and labels? 

At this time, return labels can only be generated through USPS when using Shopify Shipping. The USPS labels available for purchase are Priority Mail and First Class Package Mail. For more information on return labels, you can check out our Help Center article here. If you are using Shopify Shipping, and therefore can only purchase return labels from USPS, your alternate options would be:

I will submit some feedback on your behalf to our team letting them know that printing return labels through UPS using Shopify Shopping is a feature you wish to see added. I do understand this would be ideal for your business. 

That being said, if you're using your own UPS account for your shipping rates and labels, then you're able to Buy return labels using your own UPS account. If this is the case, and you are experiencing any errors when trying to do so, please share a screenshot here and I will help you troubleshoot this further. Let me know if this is the case!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes