Change the variant that shows on my collection page

Natalie_Knapp
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Team :)

Hand high in the air, I admit it, I'm brand new! I only launched my shopify website last night.

I want to change the variant that is displayed on my collection page.  I understand it's usually the lowest priced variant that displays. Hence, my double deal pricing is displayed $34.95. I want my individually boxed price to display $39.95 on the collection page.

I'm looking for;

- the file name i need to be in

- the line i need to change

- the specific code in that line i need to change

- what i need to change it to

www.childprivacycover.com

I appreciate the assistance

Regards,

Nat

Alexa4
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 13

Hey there Nat,

This is Alex from the Shopify Guru team, happy to assist you today!

From what I understand, each of your products has two variants, a lower price $34.95 and a high price $39.95. Currently on collection pages, the price showing is the lower price $34.95, but you'd like it to display the higher price.

The instructions will depend on your theme, so if you could reply with the current theme you're using I can provide you with more tailored instructions. For now, here are some general instructions, you can try this on your current theme. If it doesn't work, please reply here with your template name and we can go from there!

Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code and open product-grid-item.liquid.  Find the line of code below.

{% include 'price' with product.price %}

If you want to display the price of the most expensive variant, change it to:

{% include 'price' with product.price_max %}

If you want to display the price of the first variant, change it to:

{% include 'price' with product.variants.first.price %}

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Alex | Customer Success | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
Natalie_Knapp
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Alex,

I appreciate your reply, thank you  

I’m using the Debut theme. 

I found the line you were referring to however, it doesn’t display like yours

{% include ' product-price ' %}

I tried adding the ‘with product-price_max’ but that didn’t work. When removing it I deleted one of the ' and can’t seem to be able to add it again :( 

ill take a look on the desktop once I get to work and let you know if I could add it again from there. 

Your help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Nat

0 Likes
Natalie_Knapp
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Alex,

i managed to fix the deleted bit once I logged in on my desktop .... phew!

Any help with changing the displayed price variant to the most expense, in the Debut theme, would be great :) 

Thank you

0 Likes
joroman2k
Excursionist
28 1 5

Was there a solution for this? I am using Debut as well and would like the same behavior. It would be better to show the highest price and not have upset my customers when they select a different size and get a new higher price.

Thanks,

Joro

SarahFaeth
1 0 0
How do you fix this problem with the Debut theme?
0 Likes
LoaLy
1 0 0

How do I do this on the booster theme? Thanks

0 Likes
itsloure
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi Alex,

I have the same problem but I am using Blockshop theme and solution does not work as I dont find the line of code you make reference to.

Here is my website:

https://loure.mx/collections/all

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Paul

0 Likes