Changing A Customer's Order?

Highlighted
Navigator
1151 0 118

JUST ANNOUNCED AT SHOPIFY UNITE:

Order Editing coming later this year

(and lots of other great things)

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
98 0 21

cool Order Editing is finally arriving, it only took..like how many years ? :)

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

This is pretty ridiculous...

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Customers often want to change orders. or maybe we are out of an item and need to sub a replacement and delete an item. This is just basic, and to be expected, abilities of  a real ecommerce platform. I have another site where I run 3d-cart and it is so easy to change orders, split shipments etc.  Shopify please where is this option??

1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Just discovered today that this feature isn't available. Pinged Shopify support via livechat and Twitter to bring this to their attention.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

@standoutd do you have a link for the announcement of upcoming ability to edit orders?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

It's kinda weird that editing an order isn't a built-in feature... It's like not having the ability to do a refund.

1 Like
Tourist
15 0 1

Any feedback on this function?

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have a B2B customer that sells online, they sell industrial products and many times certain colors or sizes for a particular item will be in stock, the other drop shipped with a longer lead time than normal Therefore, the customer will want to just adjust the order and replace the drop ship products they selected with another product or remove them entirely. 

The 3rd party apps I've been applying will not allow me to work with this natively - any resolution to this for your hybrid b2b and b2c's yet? I'm putting together a web development plan and this is crucial.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
650 0 69

Have you noticed this thread is nearly a decade old?  Shopify doesn't care what we want or need.  They only care about their bottom line.  No matter how much we tell them and give them evidence nothing is going to change. 

That it might be part of flow still doesn't really help as I see it as it is an external API.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
1 Like