Changing A Customer's Order?

Solved
Excursionist
15 0 5

Nope. But you can edit that address all you want. That's Shopify's answer to this basic ecommerce issue. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 0 12

Just left a message for the CEO @tobi on Twitter. I encourage everyone to do the same. Let's see if we can at least get a response on making this a priority.

1 Like
4 0 0

The good news it that it seems that Shopify isn't letting HunkyBill talk to customers any more.

He says that an order should not be changed because it is 'money in the bank' - He must not understand retail. The order isn't done until it is shipped. There are many reasons why an item needs to be swapped out before fulfilling. It really would be nice to get an official answer on this so that we can decide whether to leave or not.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 69

The good news it that it seems that Shopify isn't letting HunkyBill talk to customers any more.

How so?  Not letting him talk that is.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
4 0 0

If you go to the top and read his cocky responses you will see why.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 69

I was not asking why.  I know about his response above.  I was asking why you think shopify isn't letting him talk to customers.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Because his responses seem to have stopped.

0 Likes
4 0 0

I worked for a large retail systems company and we learned not to give direct customer access to programmers. They typically see things as black and white. 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 69

Hate to dash your hopes, but if you just search for him by author, he has multiple posts within the last 3 days.  I'd say he just stop posting here.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
98 0 21

What are people doing to work around this changing of order problem?

0 Likes