Changing A Customer's Order?

Solved
Tourist
16 0 2

We would like this functionality either natively through Shopify or via an app.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

bump bump bump..we get tons of requests to change size or other variables that won't affect the price... but adding a "note" doesn't change the CSV file 

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 2

Bump - I am not so concerned with address corrections as I am with being able to edit the line items.  We sell perfume, and if a customer ordered a 3.4oz, and realized that they wanted the 1.7, we should be able to provide that customer service.  Or, if they ordered 2, and really wanted 1, we should be able to accomodate.

Any plans to make this happen in the near future?

Thanks,

JK

1 Like
Trailblazer
620 0 69

I wanted to share a conversation I just had with a customer. Not the first of it's kind by a long shot.

John: It turns out my store glitched and showed the Patanemo as available when it is not. I have the washed version. Would you like that one, another bean or just to remove it from the order?Done. The notifications will still say Patanemo as I can't edit the orders.

Customer: I would do the Sur Del Lago

John: Done. The notifications will still say Patanemo as I can't edit the orders.

Customer: Wow, that is totally lame. I hope you get successful enough at some point to be able to afford a real shopping cart that let's you do those basics. I really appreciate the extra effort you put in despite your shopping cart's limitations. It's why I stay with you.

John: Thanks.

I've had variations of this about shipping, partial payments, quantities and back orders. You know - the basics. 'nuff said.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
1 Like
2 0 3

OK, this is completely absurd. You have a list of who knows how many responses of people asking for this thing, and instead you simply tell them to go away. I understand you would prefer to not add this feature, but given your refusal to listen to customers, this is some silly sh*t. 

I have a bunch of accessory cables and people constantly select the wrong one. They all cost the same amount, but there is no way to alter the root SKUs. So, for $300 orders I have to refund people and then have them re-place the identical order, with the correct cable. And no, I can't just make a note because I try to run my business like an actual business, and trying to keep track of random notes telling me that SKUs are wrong (SKUs which have tracked inventory in your system) is not feasible or professional. Oh, and now that I'm trying to transfer to an outside fulfillment house, it's impossible unless I personally export the CSV, alter it, and send it over- an operation prone to formatting errors that ruin international addresses, and which wastes my time. And it's not a freak occurrence, my customers need to alter 5-10% of their orders (no change in cost or shipping weight) and it's really annoying. 

So please, just add this feature, people have been asking for it for years now, they're not going to stop, and it's not even that bizarre a request, I don't think. 

-Steve

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

BUMPY BUMP

I help run a couple of Shopify sites that each do between 300-500k per year in sales. We have sales people who call each customer and make sure that they got everything they need. When we have a chance to up-sell a customer with an additional product, we have no way of editing their order. Its becomes a huge pain.

Let me know if I can do anything to help add this feature.

Thanks!

Wes Coughlin
Filmmaker/Entrepreneur

1 Like
2 0 3

Dear, 

Since this topic seems to be from early 2009 we are very surprised that this is not solved yet. We run a business selling t-shirts and sometimes people change their mind on e.g. color or size. When they contact us, the only way to change this is to keep track of this manually on a notepad or in a excel file. 

Is there still nobody out there who knows how to deal with this issue? We would be very grateful!

Kind regards, 
Jonas

2 Likes
1 0 1

Do they do any work over there at Shopify?  I have people change orders all the time, and the difference in prices between products doesn't matter enough to put them through the hassle of voiding their transaction and starting over -- and besides, we usually provide freebies by weight, and their request might be just to change the included free sample (which is a product option).  But we still don't want to have to fiddle with order comments or trying to keep track of things outside the system.  Especially as volume grows and new people come on board.  I have moved to Magento for this and other reasons. It's free and I can maintain it myself, though I had some general programming experience in a past career.  Not PHP though, you don't need to know that for basic customization.  The XML layout was something I struggled with at first, but I found the right documentation.  Really the biggest problem with Magento is the documentation, although Magento Go (which is their equivalent of shopify) is well supported and has fewer issues that would trouble non-programmers compared with the free Community version.

Anyway another point that is overlooked, especially by that HuskyBull troll..  what happens when you have to void a pending transaction and then the customer happens to be close to their credit line or is using a debit card that doesn't allow overdrafts (which is how I have mine configured)?  That person then can't order until after shipping time when the sending bank times out waiting for confirmation from Authorize.net or whatever (which doesn't come since you voided it).  Their funds arent available until after the hold is removed.  For gift cards, especially AMEX, this can take two weeks!  Talk about a pissed off customer, not to mention a lost sale.  So to avoid this, I would always just try to remember to make the change with handwritten notes.  As my business grew, I made some mistakes and forgot to do what was asked, resulting in a second shipment for those orders.  The customer effectively received double items in a couple of cases.  This is just a headache I'd rather avoid (and have, thankfully).

My new site is also not running like a "pig" as Husky implies..  it runs great on dedicated resources appropiated by Xen firmware (MageMojo) for only $60/month.  Couldn't be happier.  For all the non-programmer types who wouldn't find it easy to go that route, Shopify is the the kind of product that they need.  You guys really need to implement such a basic feature, and ban jerks like Husky from your forums for trolling -- just read his posts.

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 3

This really is an absolutely essential piece of functionality, and shouldn't be difficult to implement. We've recently made the transition to Shopify and in so many ways it's an upgrade but our customer service people are amazed this isn't a part of the feature set. It's embarrassing – please, can we pay a one time fee for this to be added?

2 Likes
2 0 3

Any news on this, my beloved Shopify helpdesk?

1 Like