Solved

Can't Change Currency on Shopify: What Should I Do?

kyleigh
6 0 0

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- kyleigh

Accepted Solutions (3)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Replies 152 (152)
christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

any updates??

i need to change the currency asap.

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

still no updates!!!

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @christellebalhi

I'd just like to check in with you as I haven't seen an email response yet. I sent my email to you on November 9th. Did you manage to get assistance with this? 

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

i did send you a private email with the information you asked for!!

and since then nothing changed!

Kindly i need the currency to be changed as soon as possible.

Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3
Contact Shopify support they will help. That’s what I did.

https://help.shopify.com/en
Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3

Contact Shopify support. They will change it

YourDesire
Visitor
2 0 0
Hey,I have an online store the "Your Guilty Desire" and I want to change
the currency in my store from EUR to USD after I made my first sale.Can you
help me with that?
Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3
You need to contact Shopify support. That’s what I did and they changed it for me
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @YourDesire

Ren here from the Shopify support team, here to help you out. 

I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email containing some further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account, I can continue to support you from there. 

fvaquerano
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

I also need to change the currency of one of my Shopify shops, can you please assist me?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @fvaquerano

Thanks for reaching out, I'd be glad to help. Please check your email at your earliest convenience for my message requesting some further details. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can proceed with supporting you via email. Thank you!

YourDesire
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey.I have the same problem.I want to change my store currency from EUR to USD after I made my first sale.Can you send me an e-mail to help me out with this?

Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3
I did get it solved. Contact Shopify support and they will do it for you.
hoangpx
Tourist
8 0 1

can you help me too?

OMER8
5 0 0

Hi, can you please help me to exchange the currency in my store, I made a first price already and I am interested in exchanging my currency .Thanks 🙂 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @OMER8

Thanks for getting in touch. I've gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account we can proceed from there. Thanks!

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

Dears,

i still didnt get any help or answer regarding my store currency!!!!

OMER8
5 0 0

the ticket number 21148344

the .myshopify URL-omers-jewelry

QDOnline
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, I have the same problem.. did a test transaction a while ago in EUR and now I want to change to USD.. hope I can be helped  ASAP 🙂

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello! 

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email to gather some more information from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account we can securely proceed from there. 

Tevei
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Ren7 I'm having the same trouble. I'd like to change my actual currency. Could you help me please?

Thank you

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Tevei

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I have gone ahead and reached out via secure email to gather some more information from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store, I can continue to support you from there. 

zeriakos
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

I encountered the same problem. I had made some test orders, without fulfilling them, just to test the checkout. Now I cannot change the currency of my store, which I had selected without knowing that Google would choose my target country according to it by default. I want to change it , as my target country is another one (in fact is worldwide, but I am not given this option neither). Would you please be so kind as to send me the solution in my email too?

Thanks in advance.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @zeriakos

Sure thing, I'd be happy to help you out. Please respond as directed in my email to enable me to verify your ownership of the store and we can securely proceed from there! 

zeriakos
Visitor
2 0 0
Hello!

Thank you for your response. My name is Zafeiria Kostopoulou and my store
is Binary Closet. Should you need any other detail, I'd gladly give it to
you.

Have a nice day!

Proudfeet
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Ren,

I'm having issues with changing my currency, please. I made a dummy sale in NGN and can't switch to USD which is my preferred currency. Really need help with this thank

MeghanS
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ren7,

I had this exact scenario come up and am wanting to change my currency to USD from CAD.

Are you able to send me an email so I can authentic myself to have this changed?

Cheers,

Meghan S

haileyclaire
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, @Ren can you help me too, please? I finally got verified to accept online debit/credit transaction but my store wasn't set up in my country's currency (ZAR). I'm a drop shipper so I initially set it in USD, but my third-party payment gateway requires me to be in ZAR. I already made my first sale. Can you help? 

Bühne
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren. I can't change my currency because I've already done my first sale. I've been trying to contact support but it has been impossible. Because of this, I've bought another domain but still, the problem maintains. Please I need your help as soon as possible. 

Xuabo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren,

I have the same issue, can you please help?

Moyra
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi ren can you please help me change the currency of my store please

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Moyra 

Thanks for reaching out today. The correct method of getting assistance with Currency change is to contact our Support Advisors through our Help Center at this link here: (
https://bit.ly/2OO3k4E).

Once you click the link, you can access the help center by logging in, selecting your relevant shop, searching a topic, and clicking "Continue" at the bottom of the page. 

For additional details, see our help page for enabling multiple currencies here. We also have detailed information of currency conversions in general, as well as what to expect from currency fluctuations here at this link.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. 

fenilmehta1
Tourist
3 0 1

hello i have got the same issue, can you help me please!!

fenilmehta1
Tourist
3 0 1

hello i did not get any useful email from your side, can you provide any contact info so we can directly get this issue solved.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @fenilmehta1

Thanks for reaching out! I'm happy to lend you a hand here. When you get a chance, please check for my email requesting some additional details from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to support you from there. Thanks! 

fenilmehta1
Tourist
3 0 1
How do you want to verify my account because I want to change the currency
in my shopify account
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

@fenilmehta1

In the interest of account security, I can only do so via email. Please check for my message to see further instructions and reply with your details from there. Thank you! 

EEPCOLTD
Visitor
1 0 0

Good afternoon,

I would like to change my currency as my site is not live yet, it is a duplicate of my UK site but this currency needs to be in euros if you please would help I'd be most grateful?

Kindest

Kirsty

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @EEPCOLTD

I can certainly help you out. Please check your inbox for a secure email indicating further directions. Once you've responded I can continue to support you from there. Thank you!

jacopone
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there - I need help with this as well..

The currency of the test site is in Euros (EUR) - I have not made any actual sales. I need the currency of the shop to be in Swiss Francs (CHF). 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @jacopone 

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there.  

SellingCrew
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, having the same issue. After some sales, I need to change a currency from Euro (€) to Pound sterling (£). I would really appreciate your help. Thank you,

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @SellingCrew

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond accordingly to allow me to continue to support you from there. Thanks!

Lazey
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there, I am having the same issue. Unable to change currency since my first sale. I need to change it from USD to AUD. 

Your help would be very much appreciated. 

Lazey
Visitor
2 0 0

Can someone reply to this asap please? Thanks. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Lazey

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email to gather some additional information from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store I can continue to support you from there. Thanks!

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

I didnt get an answer for mine since last week

thunder99
Visitor
1 0 0

hello, I want to change my shopify store currency to USD but it seems i've made my first sale, i'd be very grateful for your help in changing the currency to USD as soon as possible.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3
Hi thunder99,
You have to contact Shopify support to change it. Because you made a sale the only way to change it is to contact support.
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @thunder99

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm happy to help you out. When you get a chance, please check your email for a secure message containing further instruction. Once I have been able to verify the ownership of your account, I can continue to support you from there.