Solved

How can I change my account currency if I haven't made a sale yet?

kyleigh
6 0 0

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- kyleigh

Accepted Solutions (3)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Replies 152 (152)
Sonia28
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren,

I have a similar problem since this weekend. I removed all currencies in Shopify payment settings and deactivated all apps but checkout page remains in USD while the only device allowed is CAD. It works on the payment page but that intermediate step is important if I don't want to lose clients leaving for that reason. I'm launching this Friday so any help would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks

alisachan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, could you help me out to change the currency? 

I got the same issue! 

RLPCs
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Ren  I also need to change my currency to USD after it has been locked in by testing an order can you help me too please? Many thanks 

BuyLilak
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there!

I need to change my shop's currency from USD to Brazilian Reais but i'm not being able to do it because i've had my first sale. Need to change it, though.

Please Help! Thanks

ashwin5
Visitor
1 0 0

can you help me to change the currency ?

naiff1516
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ren  could you kindly assist me also with currency changes?

Regards

ashempire
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @ashempire

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I can certainly help you out here. Please see the secure email I sent you and respond as directed. Once I have been able to authenticate your account we can proceed with the currency change. Thank you! 

maedizon
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I'm also having a problem on changing my currency. Can you help me out? Thank you.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @maedizon

Thanks for reaching out about this. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. 

martijn01
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I also have the same issue, can you please help me?

Awaiting your reply.

Best regards,

Martijn

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi, @martijn01 

Thanks for getting in touch. I have reached out to you via secure email for some more details. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there! 

AvivLancman
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi need the same help please

raluca1
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

Can you please help me change my store currency? I have made sale in USD, but now i want to change it for Romania currency.

I m waiting for your answer, thank you!

littlebee
Visitor
1 0 0

hi 

can someone help me to change the currency do USD after I made my first sale which was a test one. 

many thanks 

sibalsa
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Ren 

I also have same issue change currency.

Could you help me please. Thank you

rrwright
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren, I'm having the same issue. Can you assist me with changing my currency after I've already made a transaction?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @rrwright!

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to successfully authenticate you we can proceed from there with a currency change request. Thank you! 

carastockhoff
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Ren! 

Would you please also help me out with the same issue? Ive been trading in ZAR but have recently relocated, and need to change my store currency to AED. 

Thank you in advance

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @carastockhoff

As mentioned above, our process for assisting in Currency change requests has been revised. You will get the fastest assistance by reaching out to one of our Support Advisors through our Help Center here: (https://bit.ly/2OO3k4E).

Once you click the link, you can access the help center by logging in, selecting your relevant shop, searching a topic, and clicking "Continue" at the bottom of the page. 

For more information on enabling your store to sell in multiple currencies, see our help page here. Additionally, you can learn more about currency conversions, and important details involving fluctuations at this link.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with! 

tashalv
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, could someone please assist me with changing my currency.  I ran a test purchase during the development of my store & now i need to change it to AUD to afterpay purposes. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @tashalv

Thanks for reaching out, no problem. I have sent you a secure email with further directions. Once you have been successfully authenticated I can proceed to help you via email regarding a currency change request. Thanks! 

tashalv
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

Thank you for your response.  I have checked my messages and there is nothing there? Could you please resend.

Thank you

tashalv
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Ren,

I'm not sure what is happening but I still don't have a message from anyone in my inbox.

Am i missing something?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @tashalv

Thanks for letting me know. I have re-sent you the email. Please be sure to check your spam folders as well! 

rob15643
8 0 0
hello Ren7

Can you help me switch currency after first order is in

thanks
Polawa
11 0 0

Hello I would like to change my store's currency from USD to South African Rands so I can capture payments. I am currently unable to do so. The following message was shown, preventing me for making a change

You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency.

your assistance will be appreciated

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Polawa

Ren here from the Shopify support team, happy to help you out. I have sent you a secure email that contains further instructions for authenticating your ownership of the account. Please respond accordingly and I will be able to assist you further from there. Thank you!

Polawa
11 0 0

Hello Ren,

I have checked my inbox. I have not received any email from you. Could you kindly please send it again? 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Polawa 

Not a problem! I have re-sent my email to you. Please be sure to check any spam folders as well.

thoughtfulmarie
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren7,

I am facing the same challenge! Can I get some support please? 

Thank you,
Marie

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @thoughtfulmarie

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to help! I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account we can proceed with the currency changes. 

Polawa
11 0 0

Hello @Ren  

I am still yet to receive an email with instructions to change my store's currency.

shopify.PNG

rob15643
8 0 0

Hello

i Have the same problem my currency is in EURO and have had first sale but i need it to change to US Dollars 

Please help me as soon as possible

Thanks 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @rob15643

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to support you from there. Thank you!

rob15643
8 0 0

Hello Ren7

I did not see your message, can you send it again I was not in time, this email goes directly to my email of instructions to change currency ?

Aditi_Agrawal
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Ren - We also have the same problem of currency change post first sale which was a test sale. Please help. Urgent 

proaspect
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren7, i am also looking to change my currency to USD. Are you able to help?

rob15643
8 0 0
Hello i also want to change currency can you help REN7
rob15643
8 0 0

Ren7

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @proaspect

Thanks for reaching out for a hand, I can certainly help. I have reached out with a secure email to verify some details. Please respond as directed and I can proceed with assisting you from there!

rob15643
8 0 0

Hello

@Ren i did not see your email in time, can you send it again to change currency after first order

Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @rob15643

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. Just a friendly reminder that our Community Forums, while definitely a branch of support, is not an instant form of support or communication. In the future, if you'd like immediate assistance, please reach out to Shopify support via this link. 

T
hat being said, I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once you've responded as requested to help me verify your ownership, I can continue to help you out from there. Thank you!

trudinewby
Visitor
1 0 0

LBDS
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I need help changing my currency. I have ran test transactions and they are showing an error and not going through because my merchant account is in USD but my currency on my store is set to BMD Bermuda Dollars. I need it to be USD. Please help me as I am trying to setup my bank with my store but this matter is delaying the process.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @LBDS

I'd be happy to help you out with this. Please check your inbox for a secure email with further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I will be able to continue to support you from there. 

NICKTA
Visitor
3 0 0

@Ren Please help me, Shopify Does not allow me to change my currency.

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello dears,

I am facing the same issue.

I need to change my currency from USD to RON.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Christelle

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @christellebalhi

Thanks for getting in touch! Please check your email at your earliest convenience for a secure message from me. I just need to collect some verifying details and then I can continue to support your request to change your currency from there. Thanks!

christellebalhi
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello @Ren i have already sent you an email