Solved

Can't Change Currency on Shopify: What Should I Do?

kyleigh
6 0 0

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- kyleigh

Accepted Solutions (3)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Replies 152 (152)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

kyleigh
6 0 0

Sorry this solution is not solved still can't figure out the issue.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi again @kyleigh

Thanks for letting me know. I have gone ahead and reached out via a secure email with further instruction for you. Please respond as directed to allow me to verify your ownership of the account and we can move forward from there! 

Geniestr
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem can you please help me?

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Geniestr

Thanks for reaching out for a hand, I can certainly assist you. I have sent you a secure email containing further directions. Please respond accordingly and once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account, I can continue to support you from there. 

streamshopping
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Im trying to change my store currency from usd to cad as Im in Canada and its not allowing me to do so saying I already made my  first sale.

diva79
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Ren7,

I would also like to change my shop currency from EURO to US dollars ...

Thanks for your help !

Regards

MossaStyle
Tourist
4 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. Please.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @MossaStyle

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions for verifying your ownership of the account. Once that's done, we can proceed via email to help get your currency changed over for you. 

MossaStyle
Tourist
4 0 0

thank you! My change is completed.

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Kylie. I have the same issue regarding currency changing. Can you please assist me?

Regards

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Apologies. Hi Ren7, could you kindly assist me also with currency changes?

Regards

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Spendalot

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. Thank you! 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren.

Many thanks for your response. I have managed to set up multi-currency changer on my Shopify online store. However, I have gone live now, and when I test to check out a product via PayPal express on my Shopify store, it says the the receiving country does not support the transaction currency. I am located in South Africa and selling to customers in USA. Kindly advise how I can correct this.

Also I have not received your secure link on the email you sent.

Regards 
S Kholvadia 
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

Spendalot
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren. I have attached a screenshot of the error on the checkout page of my shopify store. Please see the error in the bottom highlighted in pink. I am not sure if:

1. I need to change my currency to USD to solve this issue
  2. or if shipment is only allowed in USA and not outside the USA (as it is not an acceptable shipping Zone)?
  3. Or is this related to something else that I am not aware of?

Please advise on all the cases above. I would like to close this matter off and commence trading soonest.

Error Screenshot.png

Thank You

OmniTheLabel
5 0 0

hello Ren,

i would like to change my shopify currency from QAR to USD, because i want to connect PayPal to it . (PayPal doesn't support QAR) . i have had my first sale so i can't seem to be able to do it. Can you please help me 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @OmniTheLabel@Xuabo @sibalsa @Bühne

Our process for assisting in Currency change requests has been revised. For the quickest assistance, please reach out to one of our Support Advisors through our Help Center: (https://bit.ly/2OO3k4E).

Once you click the link, you can access the help center by logging in, selecting your relevant shop, searching a topic, and clicking "Continue" at the bottom of the page. 

For more information on enabling your store to sell in multiple currencies, see our help page here. Additionally, you can learn more about currency conversions, and important details involving fluctuations at this link.

Always happy to help with any questions! 

TheSilverPandaC
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ren,

I am having the same issue as above, if you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated 🙂 

Thanks

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @naiff1516 and @TheSilverPandaC

Our process for assisting in Currency change requests has been revised. For the quickest assistance, please reach out to one of our Support Advisors through our Help Center: (https://bit.ly/2OO3k4E).

Once you click the link, you can access the help center by logging in, selecting your relevant shop, searching a topic, and clicking "Continue" at the bottom of the page. 

For more information on enabling your store to sell in multiple currencies, see our help page here. Additionally, you can learn more about currency conversions, and important details involving fluctuations at this link.

Always happy to help with any questions! 

Neslin
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Ren,

I am having the same problem with changing the currency. Can you please the email with further instructions on how to change my store's currency? I highly appreciate it... Thank you! 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Neslin

Thanks so much for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further directions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to support you from there. 

Neslin
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Ren

I have replied to your email and shown proof of ownership of my website and the email I was using.

Can you please send an email regarding the following steps? 

Thank you! 

Neslin
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Ren

I have verified my ownership of the account I am using... Can you please send me the email regarding changing my stores currency now?

Kind regards,

Neslin

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Neslin

Thanks very much for your response. I have since replied with some details and considerations when it comes to making changes to your currency. Once I have confirmation from you that you understand the information provided and that you'd like to proceed, I can continue to support you from there. The email was sent on September 15th. 

Thank you!

nassimsh
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi can u please help me change my currency it is on dollars and i want it to euros

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @nassimsh

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I can verify your account ownership I can continue to support you from there. 

alanbarret
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Can you please assits me change my currrency aswell, Thank you 🙂

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @alanbarret

Thanks for reaching out. When you have a chance, please check your email for my message and follow the directions and I can continue to support you from there. 

NICKTA
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I also have the same problem. I can not change my currency because I did a test sale, I deleted the sale. but I still can not change my currency. Please help me.

Olivier7
Excursionist
27 0 5

Hi @Ren,

Could you please help me change my store's currency back to €?

The reason for this change is that Shopify Payments now arrived in Europe so now the customers can check out with their specific currency.

Kind regards,

Olivier Shoko

Fineforeal

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Olivier7

Thanks for your post. I have reached out to you via secure email with some further instructions. Please respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. 

roxanneyoung
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello @Ren,

The store that I have purchased was set up to do business in the United Kingdom. I am located in the U.S. and need to change the Shopify Payment settings so that I can get paid in USD  by default, but also continue to sell in GBP. I have tried contacting the 24/7 Shopify Support Gurus to assist me with this change but they are currently unavailable. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter!

Kind Regards,
Roxanne Young
Nimo
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello @Ren,

I did the same, just to try out how everything goes with payment. 

Now I want to change my Currency (INR) to USD but couldn't as it says "You can't change your currency after first sale". It would be really helpful if you assist be through this.

Regards,

Nimo

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @Nimo

Thank you for your post! I'd love to help. I have sent you a secure email requesting some additional details from you. Please be sure to respond accordingly. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store I can continue to support you with your currency exchange via email. Thanks!

GasperSLO
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

I made a first sale in Croatian Kuna but now need to change to Euro. Can you help me with this please? Tnx

Thasheda
Tourist
11 0 3
Contact Shopify support and they will change it for you. That’s what I did.
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @GasperSLO , 

Ren here from the Shopify support team, congratulations on your first sale! I can certainly help you out. Please check your email for a secure message containing further instructions. Once I have gathered some details and verified your ownership of the account, I can continue to help you in your request to change your currency there. 

hoangpx
Tourist
8 0 1

please help me  :((

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @hoangpx

Please check your email for a secure message with further instructions. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to assist you from there. Take care! 

marmav1996
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I need to change my store's currency, however I have already made a sale. Can you help me with that? Thanks

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @marmav1996

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, happy to help you out here. Please be on the lookout for a secure email from me with further instructions. Please respond accordingly to allow me to verify your ownership of the account. Once I have been able to do so, I can continue to support you from there. 

packcepts
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Ren 

Please assist me in changing my currency on my Shopify site. I have changed over to Payfast a South African payment gateway and I now have to change my currency to ZAR from USD

Regards

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @packcepts 

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email to gather some further details from you. Once I have been able to verify the ownership of your store, I can continue to support you from there. 

CreationsA
Visitor
2 0 0

hello ren7!
how are you? i have the same as everyone else i made a test purchase and now i can't change my currency by myself. could you please help me?
Thank you.

Mouleyy
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, Can you please help me change the currency. I have already made sales in USD but I'm planning on only selling in Europe (Euros) from now. I have already changed the formatting, but the payment itself still occurs in USD.

Thank you!

LesleyL
Visitor
3 0 0

Can someone from the Shopify team please help me with this? I made a sales in USD while testing but this is a CAD site,

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hello @LesleyL

Happy to help you out here. Please check for my email at your convenience and respond accordingly. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account we can securely move forward from there.