Changing Currency

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello! I'm currently setting up my shopify account and noticed my currency is Mongolian Tugrik but I need it to be in US currency. I have tried to change it but it won't allow me to do so because it says, "You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency". But I have not had a sale yet. idk how to change it?

- kyleigh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kyleigh

This is Ren from the Shopify Support team, thanks for your post! 

Is it possible you ran a test transaction while setting up your store? This would still count as a first order and would trigger that specific notification when attempting to make changes to the currency. 

Either way, I can certainly help you out. Check your email for further instructions and we can go from there! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Sorry this solution is not solved still can't figure out the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 95

Hi again @kyleigh

Thanks for letting me know. I have gone ahead and reached out via a secure email with further instruction for you. Please respond as directed to allow me to verify your ownership of the account and we can move forward from there! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. Please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 95

Hello @MossaStyle

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions for verifying your ownership of the account. Once that's done, we can proceed via email to help get your currency changed over for you. 

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

thank you! My change is completed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Kylie. I have the same issue regarding currency changing. Can you please assist me?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Apologies. Hi Ren7, could you kindly assist me also with currency changes?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 95

Hello @Spendalot

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please be sure to respond accordingly and I can continue to support you from there. Thank you! 

0 Likes