Changing Currency

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren.

Many thanks for your response. I have managed to set up multi-currency changer on my Shopify online store. However, I have gone live now, and when I test to check out a product via PayPal express on my Shopify store, it says the the receiving country does not support the transaction currency. I am located in South Africa and selling to customers in USA. Kindly advise how I can correct this.

Also I have not received your secure link on the email you sent.

Regards 
S Kholvadia 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Spendalot

Just a heads up that I have responded to your follow up email! Thank you. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi. I apologise. I am still not receiving the link. I may be doing something incorrectly. I still can't check out my transactions via PayPal. Says there is a currency issue. I need to change the currency to US dollar, and still can't view your sent link. 

Kindly assist again. 

Apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards

S kholvadia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Dear Ren. I have attached a screenshot of the error on the checkout page of my shopify store. Please see the error in the bottom highlighted in pink. I am not sure if:

1. I need to change my currency to USD to solve this issue
  2. or if shipment is only allowed in USA and not outside the USA (as it is not an acceptable shipping Zone)?
  3. Or is this related to something else that I am not aware of?

Please advise on all the cases above. I would like to close this matter off and commence trading soonest.

Error Screenshot.png

Thank You

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you help me change my currency? I made some sales for testing but I need to change to my bank's currency. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ren, I'm having the same issue. Can you assist me with changing my currency after I've already made a transaction?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, could someone please assist me with changing my currency.  I ran a test purchase during the development of my store & now i need to change it to AUD to afterpay purposes. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hello I would like to change my store's currency from USD to South African Rands so I can capture payments. I am currently unable to do so. The following message was shown, preventing me for making a change

You've made your first sale, so you need to contact support if you want to change your currency.

your assistance will be appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

Hello @ashempire

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I can certainly help you out here. Please see the secure email I sent you and respond as directed. Once I have been able to authenticate your account we can proceed with the currency change. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
646 41 95

Hello @rrwright!

Thanks for reaching out for a hand. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Once I have been able to successfully authenticate you we can proceed from there with a currency change request. Thank you! 

0 Likes