Changing Domain And The Affect on A Custom Theme?

1 0 0

Can someone here give me some guidance or information on changing your domain?

I have my store completely customized in a theme I am going to purchase, but want to change the domain before I launch it (I was indecisive). I already have both of my domains in Shopify, approved and connected. I know how to do the transfer, but my question is -- If I were to transfer my store to the new domain, will my custom theme still be there to purchase with all the changes I have made so I can then purchase it and launch it with the new domain?

I would, very seriously, cry if I transferred to a new domain and lost the entire site I have been customizing and working on to purchase for launch. Does anybody have any knowledge on this topic or know where they can direct me to for an answer?

Thank you in advance for your time,

Molly

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
414 44 87

Hi @VivelleStudio 

Changing your primary domain will not have an effect on your theme customizations. 

However, if you have been customizing a trial theme, there are some paid themes that will not allow the customizations created on a trial theme to carry over to the final purchased version of the theme. Usually when this is the case, it will say so in the theme documentation.

0 Likes