Changing Shopify payment payout currency

LuckyPeach
1 0 0

Hi there, 

Currently, I'm using Shopify payment Hong Kong and getting paid in HKD. My store is in USD. I have a US LLC with a US business checking account (Radius bank). I would like to get paid in USD via Shopify payment to my US bank account. How can I change it? Also, I still have "In transit" payouts, will they be affected? Thank you! 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 148 426

Hi, @LuckyPeach

I'm afraid this is not an easy switch, as it would require proving that you have a business operating in the United States, applying for Shopify Payments US, and waiting for our teams to review the documents provided. We can not guarantee that you'll be able to use Shopify Payments US and may require that you continue using Shopify Payments available for your region. If that were the case, then you can still sell in USD, and be paid in USD. You can learn more about selling and getting paid in different currencies here

In order to submit a request to use Shopify Payments US, you will need: 

1. Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  2. A Tax ID in the United States:
    1. EIN if you are an LLC/Corp
    2. SSN if you are a Sole Proprietor
  3. Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  4. Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  5. A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

You've mentioned that you use Radius Bank, which is considered a virtual bank, and therefore, would not be eligible. That said, if you do have all the required information, then I'd be happy to send this up for review; however, I do have to stress that even if you are able to supply all the required documents, we can not guarantee that we'll be able to provide Shopify Payments US. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes