Changing Terms of Service while live

specialoutdoor
Tourist
12 1 0

My store is live and I want to change terms of Service,  when I create the template it comes up with shopifys version and I add it and click replace  and nothing happens other than  it says its saved but it doesn't change it? Why

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @specialoutdoor

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about your terms of service. I can definitely help take a closer look into this! 

To clarify, are you trying to replace your current terms of service with Shopify's template? Or, are you trying to personalize and edit Shopify's template before publishing it to your site?

If you're trying to add Shopify's template without making any edits, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Settings > Legal'
  3. Scroll down to 'Terms of Service' 
  4. Click 'Replace with template' 
  5. Click 'Replace Terms of Service' on the window that pops up
  6. Click 'Save' at the top of the page 

This will add Shopify's unedited template to your site. However, we do recommend that you review this template entirely, as you may need to make changes to it to ensure it suits the way your store operates. Check out this help document for more details on this. 

If you're trying to customize Shopify's template instead though, you'll want to follow these steps: 

1. Complete steps 1-6 shared above to add Shopify's terms of service template to your site
  2. Work through the text in the 'Terms of Service' field to edit, add, and remove any details required 
  3. Once you're done making changes, click 'Save' at the top of the page 

This will allow you to use Shopify's template as a starting point, and still apply your own edits before publishing it to your site. 

Let me know if these steps help resolve things, or if you're still running into troubles with this, and I'll be happy to continue helping out! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes