Changing bank account details and re-routing old payouts

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello! 

The bank account linked to my shopify was terminated, and I forgot that it was linked to the store. Was hoping to add in the new bank account number and re route the payouts (that have been failing) to this new account. 

Best

Natasha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

Hey, @gundistudios!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Are you referring to your bank account on your Shopify Payments account? If so, then you can change your bank account details by following these steps in your Shopify admin:

Go to 'Settings > Payments > Shopify Payments (Edit) > Bank account & currency (Edit)'. You will need to enter the old details first to change to the new bank account. If you can't remember these details, please let me know and we can authenticate your account and escalate it to the financial team. 

We have a great guide in our help centre here too which has all the information about changing your bank account and it is broken down into easy to follow steps. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all, we are always happy to help. 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Lulu 

Unfortunately I do not remember the old details, or have them saved!  Would be great if you could authenticate the account and escalate it to the financial team. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

Hi, @gundistudios.

No probem at all, I will send you an email to verify you as the account owner and then we will send that ticket to the financial team who will reach out to you and help you get this sorted. Please check your junk/spam folder for the email as sometimes it can land there.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Lulu wrote:

Hey, @gundistudios!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Are you referring to your bank account on your Shopify Payments account? If so, then you can change your bank account details by following these steps in your Shopify admin:

Go to 'Settings > Payments > Shopify Payments (Edit) > Bank account & currency (Edit)'. You will need to enter the old details first to change to the new bank account. If you can't remember these details, please let me know and we can authenticate your account and escalate it to the financial team. 

We have a great guide in our help centre here too which has all the information about changing your bank account and it is broken down into easy to follow steps. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all, we are always happy to help. 

I have same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hello Lulu,

My situation needs to be escalated to the financial team. I input a digit
incorrectly and I am not sure which digit it was so I am not able to enter
in my old bank information.

Thanks.
Larricia
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

Hi, @TayHoncho and @Larricia.

Welcome to the thread! No problem, I can verify you both and get this sorted out. In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, I have same issue please. I must have incorrectly pasted my acct number, and system is now allowing me to updated it. Can you please help? Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I’m having an issue similar 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
337 14 30

Hi, you can easily change your bank account in just 5 minutes. This guide: How to change bank account information on Shopify will tell you how to do it.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes