Changing date to DDMMYY and week starting Monday

Jason63
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi, 

I seem to be wasting a lot of time trying to find an answer to these two questions. 

I just need to set the date format to standard European DDMMYY

And I need my standard European week to start on a Monday. 

How do I do that? I cannot find this in any setting. 

Many thanks, 

Jason

Replies 18 (18)

Ann456
Shopify Staff
516 0 119

Hey Jason, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify 🙂

Im afraid that at this time, there wouldn't be a way to make that change in our Shopify admin. The way dates are shown and the day of the week that a week will start on are all set to the same thing for Shopify stores all over the world. 

That said, I can definitely see how this would be beneficial, considering people all over the world have different formatting. I would love to pass this feedback along to our team of developers for you and open up a feature request. Can you tell me the URL of your store so I can add it to the request? That way the team can track how many people a change like this would benefit. 

Let me know 🙂 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Nicolas_Arauz
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Ann,

THis issue still appears to be unresolved. 

In our case we would really like reporting to have the week start on Sunday Morning 12:01AM instead of showing a week as Monday-Sunday. 

For anyone on a 4-5-4 retail calendar, weekly units are Sunday-Saturday, which is standard for many types of retail accounting. 

it basically makes the standard shopify reporting dashboard useless to us and requires us to download order and revenue reporting to for external reformatting in Excel. 

It would be GREAT to have a choice in settings for FIRST DAY OF WEEK and DATE FORMAT

Jason63
Tourist
7 0 9

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply, 

url https://greenwichcameras.myshopify.com

It is rather important for all sorts of reasons, especially client correspondance and accounting, but day to day it is just confusing and can be alarming to read the wrong date. 09/08/18...Is it next week, is it in a month?

Many thanks.

Jason

Ann456
Shopify Staff
516 0 119

Hey Jason, 

Thanks so much for providing that and for the extra details. I have gone ahead and passed that along to our team for you. If you have any other feedback to share in the future, feel free to send it our way- we love to hear it! 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Blizzard-Sales
Visitor
1 0 8

Heya, did this ever get implemented?

Seems arrogant to hold the whole world to a time standard that isn't common...

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

No one is being held to any time standard.

Liquid comes with a date filter that will let you adjust things to however you need with a little bit of code editing:
https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/filters/additional-filters#date

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
euklid
Tourist
7 0 15

Are there any instructions for this, where do we add this code to change the date format?

How do we do it DD-MM-YYYY?

gimmefood
Excursionist
12 0 36
Is this resolved? I need to change as well.

www.gimmefood.se (gimmefood.myshopify.com)

Thanks
kris271c
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue.

www.numrbors.dk 

donjondodi
Visitor
2 0 2

I and I imagine every European merchant has this issue. Show us some love please.

momomonster
Visitor
2 0 1

Would also like to know if this is resolved. I'm Canadian but use the DD MM YYYY format as it just makes more sense.

I noticed in the Edit Languages, under Date formats it reads %B %d, %Y  <-- I'm not sure if I can change this (also not sure if the '%B' is supposed to be an '%M').

FestivalGlitter
Tourist
5 0 1

Any update on this please? We have to provide so many draft invoices via Shopify and more of the world uses DD/MM/YYYY than the backwards way!

Ghostly
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

@donjondodi there is a link in the Shopify documentation that links to the ruby documentation reference here: https://ruby-doc.org/core-3.0.2/Time.html#method-i-strftime

You can use the below to get a DD/MM/YYYY.

{{ article.created_at | date: "%d.%m.%y" }}

If you want to refine the format, there are quite a few options 🙂
KaiM
Excursionist
19 0 3

How and where do we make this change @Ghostly ?

KaiM
Excursionist
19 0 3

BTW I need to change the formatting of the metafield for the image banner with text - can't enter liquid code on this block so how do I change the formatting.

"considering people all over the world have different formatting." Actually only 5 countries in the world use your formatting (3 of them very small countries). Everyone else uses dd/mm/yyyy. Can't believe this item has been open four years and not resolved. Shows how much Shopify cares about people outside the US, which apparently is "the whole world".

KaiM
Excursionist
19 0 3

And every Australian store. Typical US arrogance on display.

wandweb
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Australian here.

FYI This issue is not resolved and isnt going away by simply ignoring it. My merchants have complained to me on multiple occasions that having the date incorrectly displayed is confusing and can lead to order mixups.

Please provide an update that sets formatting to the stores regional settings

OrionLee
20 0 0

Anyone ever get this sorted or work out where the below was supposed to be edited?

@Jason63 wrote:

Hi, 

I seem to be wasting a lot of time trying to find an answer to these two questions. 

I just need to set the date format to standard European DDMMYY

And I need my standard European week to start on a Monday. 

How do I do that? I cannot find this in any setting. 

Many thanks, 

Jason

@donjondodi there is a link in the Shopify documentation that links to the ruby documentation reference here: https://ruby-doc.org/core-3.0.2/Time.html#method-i-strftime

You can use the below to get a DD/MM/YYYY.

{{ article.created_at | date: "%d.%m.%y" }}

If you want to refine the format, there are quite a few options 

OrionLee_0-1697190339641.png