Changing discount codes at checkout

2 0 0

Hi,

I've got multiple discount codes available, which I understand can't be stacked (I don't want them to be). However, there's no option to change the discount code used once one has been entered in the box. For example, I've just had a customer use a buy one get 10% off the second code, but they've then discovered the sign up 10% code where they can get 10% off everything and wanted use that instead, but it won't let them enter the code to use that one instead.

The only way it looks like they'd be able to use a new code, is to start again from scratch. All my items are custom, that require personalisation details, so it's not ideal.

Is there any app that can remove the discount code from the order, so that they can then enter a new one?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

Hi, @MollyDollyCraft!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Was your customer using desktop or mobile when they entered the original discount code? On a mobile device, the discount code field can be revealed by tapping "Show order summary." Either way, your customer will be able to change the discount code on the Information stage of the checkout (where they'll also be entering their email address and shipping details).

The discount code applied to the checkout should have an 'x' beside it that you can select to remove the code. Otherwise, the code can be replaced by typing a new discount code into the box and selecting "Apply". Here's a screenshot from my test store to give you an idea of what it should look like:

29-36-6lqje-lj2ew

However, if the BXGY discount the customer used is an automatic discount, there is no way to override it in the checkout. Automatic discounts always override manual codes. Let me know what type of discount code was created and I'd be happy to take a closer look if it isn't functioning as expected.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you! I'd set it up as an automatic discount last year, but decided to change it to a code and forgot to disable the automatic one. Doh! I've now removed the automatic one and it's showing the option to delete the discount code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

Oh, wonderful! I'm happy to hear it's working. I hope that code brings continued success for your store. I'm here if you have any other questions :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm in a similar situation - but I'm looking for a way to let customers override a discount code - I want the main promotion to auto-populate, but allow the customer to choose a different code if they want to. Understanding this is not something shopify offers - is there an app that would let me add this?

Thank you!

Dana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

@DMill wrote:

I'm in a similar situation - but I'm looking for a way to let customers override a discount code - I want the main promotion to auto-populate, but allow the customer to choose a different code if they want to. Understanding this is not something shopify offers - is there an app that would let me add this?

Thank you!

Dana

Hi, Dana! 

I'm not sure if there's an app that can override automatic discounts, but I will do some research and let you know what I find. Can you tell me a bit more about the specific use case here? It'd be great to learn more about the types of promotions you're looking to offer your customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

I have the same question as @DMill. We are currently running a sale on our store and we have special clients with coupon codes as well (which allows them to shop a larger discount as our sale). Is there a way that these customers can choose to shop the automated sale or shop with their coupon codes? 

Looking forward to your feedback. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
407 31 60

@lecoqsportifza wrote:

Hi Sophia, 

I have the same question as @DMill. We are currently running a sale on our store and we have special clients with coupon codes as well (which allows them to shop a larger discount as our sale). Is there a way that these customers can choose to shop the automated sale or shop with their coupon codes? 

Looking forward to your feedback. 

Hey, @lecoqsportifza.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

At this time, manual discount codes cannot be applied to the cart if there is an automatic discount already applied. Automatic discounts always take precedence over manual ones. Do your current promotions apply to the same products? There might be a third-party app that can help you out either with combining discount offers or overriding discounts. I'd be happy to take a look for you if you can tell me a bit more about the offers you'd like to provide.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
205 13 25

@lecoqsportifza 

App Selly can offer multiple automatic discounts for your store:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

It also has an option to enable discount code input in cart, so that if customers have a discount code, they can apply it right there.

Then a combined discount is generated at checkout.

You should turn off your Shopify automatic discount, then the autofilled discount code can work.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes