Changing home page title and meta description

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi! I have just updated my home page title and meta description but it hasn’t changed in google and is still the same as before. Does anyone know if it will eventually change or is there more I need to do?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
686 41 80

Hi there @CHammond!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Presuming your store's password page has been disabled, Google (and other search engines) will eventually crawl your site again and pick up and reflect the new info you added there.

If you don't want to wait for this to occur by itself again, you can request a recrawl from Google by following the steps outlined here on their support site.

Had you changed this info as part of a change to your business itself, or was this more a cosmetic change you made?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you for your response. The change was for cosmetic reasons and do you know the time frame it will take for google to automatically crawl my new info?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
686 41 80

Hi again @CHammond!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

I had a look around online to try to find info on this for you from Google but have not been able to get a different answer.

The only third-party source I could find with a timeframe stated that it can be as little as 4 days or as much as 6 months.

We really just can't say for sure from here in Shopify how long a third-party service like Google might take to perform such actions.

If you are unwilling to wait for this to occur by itself, you can use the link given above to request a re-crawl from Google directly.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes