Changing my free url name

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am using oduenyi.myshopify.com on the free version. but I want to change to etusk.myshopify.com (which is what I want to use for the paid version). Please, how do I make this change before my free version timeline expires?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 52

Hi, @etuskshop 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

Each account that you sign up for with Shopify comes with a custom .myshopify.com URL. This name, cannot be changed. You can change many things about the store name, account details, etc., but, where we store all of those details is linked to the specific .myshopify.com URL. 

If you've been working on a trial and your business plan or name has evolved and you want to adjust the URL, you have two options;

1. Add a custom domain name to your account, then you could connect it to the shop.
    • This could then be set as the primary domain of your account so your customer will then see the desired domain name in their browser.
    • This is also a good practice for improved SEO and brand trust.
  2.  If you need to change the .myshopify.com URL for some reason, you'll need to start a new shop and trial period. This would mean starting from scratch. 
    • If you decide to go this route, some exporting and importing of details via CSV might be helpful.

Please let us know if you need any more clarification or help with next steps!

Cheers,
Max

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes