Changing name on Store - possible glitches

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 58 86

Hello, @MilkPork

Just wanting to check in to see if you’re still seeing your .myshopify.com URL alongside your social image? It can take some time for a social image, and the domain name, homepage title and meta description associated with it to update.

If you are still seeing your .myshopify.com URL instead of your custom domain, please be sure that your custom domain is set as your primary domain, and that your sitemap has been submitted for the custom domain. I would also recommend using the Facebook Sharing Debugger in order to update any new information related to your social media image.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 58 86

Hi, @LisaPisa  and @Skybreather.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I completely understand the reasons for your concerns, and so I have passed along your suggestions to our developers.

In the meantime, there are a few ways to help with duplicating a store in order to transfer the information over to a new account, if you decide that you would like to do this. Take a look at the Help Doc for Backups and Duplications to learn more. 

If you have any other questions, concerns or comments, please feel free to let me know.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes