Changing number of products in search results

sharky_ward
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Is there anyway for me to change the number of products that are shown in a search? At the moment it is displaying a maximum of 3 and then at the top there is a link to show all.

Thanks

Replies 7 (7)

txshellie
Excursionist
25 0 5

I would also like to see an answer to this question. 

I'd like to increase results from 12 to 24. 

Ireoluwa
Pathfinder
119 4 10

Hello, This has to do with the liquid coding of the store

Click to Message me to get it done for you

txshellie
Excursionist
25 0 5

Hello Sharky, 

If you did not figure out how to do this, I poked around and figured it out. There is a page of liquid coding that pops up when you edit your theme then search all of the liquid files using the term "search". 

Online Store -> Themes --> Action --> Edit code ---> then search using the word "search"

At almost the top of the page there is a line of code that determines the number of products shown for search results. After copying and backing up the page, change the number and save the file. 

This fixed the issue for me. 

I am just a user, not a programmer so hopefully, I've explained this well enough. If it isn't easy and pretty close to what I've described for your theme, I'd close the window and back away slowly. 

Good luck to you. 

geza
Visitor
2 0 1

In case anyone is looking for the same thing in my theme it was the search-template file which contained a line like 

```

{% assign product_limit = 48 %}
{% paginate search.results by product_limit %}

```

txshellie
Excursionist
25 0 5

Thank you for sharing this code for folks who will see this later. 

ohmy
Shopify Partner
5 0 9

This no longer works. Mine has historically been set at 10 and currently still 10 but Shopify now will only show four products. 

Ademola
Visitor
1 0 0

yes