Changing store currency

Highlighted
10 0 0

My store currency is AUD.

Many of my customers have been from the US and in hindsight it would have been smarter to have all curencies in USD at the checkout. Being in AUD I'm sure it would confuse some of the customers. 

If I wish to change the currency shopify asks me to change the way customers pay. 

Can someone please give insight into the different methods of paying and what this would mean for the customers as well as myself? If there is a way to change the currency seen at checkout then that would be fantastic, it's unfortunate that it is a complicated process.

Cheers,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 25

Hi, David!

I’m Melissa, a Shopify Guru.  Thanks for posting. Your store will always have one base currency, which you can choose in your Shopify admin. You can easily change how it displays by adjusting your currency formatting.

When you set up your default currency in the payments section, that would need to be linked to the same destination bank account. So in order to offer USD as the default currency, you would need to have a US bank account linked to your payment settings. If you were able to do that, you could then choose USD as the new currency if you wished to do so.

However, another option would be to us an app to help with the currency conversion, to offer a  range to any customers landing on your site. Here are some currency apps that are you could check out to see if they would suit the needs of your business:

Hope this information helps! You can reach out to the Guru team https://help.shopify.com/questions if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Melissa | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Does this work with a transferwise borderless account which has an US Dollar acount and works with ACH Electronic paiements?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

If I understand it right paiements within the US in Dollar ate possible.

https://transferwise.com/help/article/2811598/borderless-account/what-type-of-payments-can-i-receive...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Eric,

Have been trying fruitlessly to get this set up.

Support took a long time to understand the issue and then said it's not possible.

Is there any way around this? It seems like a mafia set up - make unnecessary restrictions on the way you can get paid out, the only way around it is to use another provider but then they charge you an extra 2% txn fee!

Shopify - making things "simple"

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I changed my store currency but when i view my online it still does not show up. Really appreciate if someone can help. My store currency is LKR and displaying currency is AUD. I live in australia but my customers are in sri lanka

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Shalini,

Refer this: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/selling-and-getting-paid-in-different-c...

You should be able to do this quite simply through the settings --> general tab 

0 Likes
Highlighted

TRY BEST CURRENCY CONVERTER APP It will help You

Webexpert
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Melissa,

please could it be possible to change my store currency into Euro???

I cannot contact anybody from the shopify curctomer service... I would like to start selling now.

Please this is urgent.

Many thanks for your help.

Ben

0 Likes