Solved

How can I change the URL of my existing store?

Jamie_StackUp
10 0 0

Hi There,

Hoping to get a good answer to this one as I've tried to get a contact from the Shopify team without no success. so...

We started a huge project last year which is due to come to an end. The store has taken months to build and moving it to another store just to change the Shopify store URL is going to be complete hell...Moving Products, Variants, Media, Images etc etc...we have hundreds of products and have done a tonne of tests based on this store which we are about to realised live and the client has now realised that the Shopify URL has "dev" in it and doesn't like it being there. A mistake on our part of course and a lesson learnt but has anyone ever been put in this situation before and have been able to contact Shopify to change this?

We understand that this URL will not been seen by the public but the client doesn't like -devstore part being in the shopify url e.g. https://clientname-devstore.myshopify.com.

Again, fully understand that the public won't see this and if it means us re connecting our apps (as I know they use this URL to Authenticate and connect) then we can do that, we just can't afford to be moving or firing up a new store to move everything right now at this time. Any help would be very much appreciated especially from a Shopify Member of staff. Please help us resolve this.

Thanks,

Accepted Solution (1)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Jamie_StackUp,

As specified by Shopify, you can't change your .myshopify.com URL, because you use your .myshopify.com URL to log in to your store and identify your account when you contact Shopify Support. If you want to change the domain that's displayed to customers when they visit your online store, then set a custom domain as your primary domain. After you set a custom domain name, your .myshopify.com URL is still displayed in your address bar when you're logged into your Shopify admin.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Jamie_StackUp,

As specified by Shopify, you can't change your .myshopify.com URL, because you use your .myshopify.com URL to log in to your store and identify your account when you contact Shopify Support. If you want to change the domain that's displayed to customers when they visit your online store, then set a custom domain as your primary domain. After you set a custom domain name, your .myshopify.com URL is still displayed in your address bar when you're logged into your Shopify admin.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Jamie_StackUp
10 0 0

Yes, thought as much. OK.

Thanks

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hello @Jamie_StackUp

You are welcome.

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hello @Jamie_StackUp

You are welcome. Have a nice week start.