Changing the email from contact form

SQ
1 0 2

Hi, I recently added a custom form to the contact us email "subject", it appears fine on the front end and sends the information to the email. However it appears like this to the email it is being sent to.

Where would I edit this in the code or on the website management? Email templates in settings do NOT contain the contact us form.

Thanks!

image.png

EDIT: For clarity, the subject input is being translated to "New customer message on %{creation_date}:" and I want to change that.

tonio
1 0 1

I have the same problem, please share the solution if you can solve it. :)

RoniNP
1 0 1

Hello,

I am not sure if you still need this answer but for other might encounter this in the future what you can do is change the contact[subject] to other name like.

input type="text" id="contactFormSubject" name="contact[title]" placeholder="Subject" autocapitalize="words" value="{% if form.title %}{{ form.title }}{% endif %}"

to prevent that subject %{creation_date}: issue inside the message.

ramisaban1
1 0 0

Hello,

Thank you for all your help. I tried your solution, but that just changes the section's name to "Title". I am trying to get that name to be "Subject".

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.15.00 PM.png

Best,

ramisaban1

0 Likes
DiegoAlvarezC
1 0 0

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Not sure why is it happening.  Did you solve it?

0 Likes
sam8599
Tourist
4 0 2

Anyone has found solution for this?

0 Likes
hqneil
1 0 0

Hi,

If I'm understanding the problem correctly, you need to change name="contact[title]" to name="contact[subject]".

Hope this helps!

0 Likes