Changing the language of the Dashboard

Solved
1 0 0

Hey,

I would like to know how to change the Shopify dashboard language to French. I have already changed the theme language easily but I can't seem to find an answer on how to change the entire user interface. I would really appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 33 49

Hello, @luigi2!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

That's a great question! If you would like to change the admin language to one of our supported options, you can do so by heading to the Settings > Accounts > Staff account section of your admin. After that, you should be able to choose your preferred language from the drop-down list as shown here.  If you are unable to see the language option within the staff account settings, you can opt-in instead via here.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey,

Is there any way to request a language? or to help with the translation?

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 33 49

Hi @Robert_Moritz,

Sure thing! Shopify is growing all the time and trying to improve where it can, so I can for sure raise this as feedback for the team, in the hope it could be added in the future. What language would you like to view in the admin? 

Thanks a mill, 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Polish would be great :-)

Cheers
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 33 49

Hi @Robert_Moritz,

Perfect! Polish is one of our most popular support languages and so you should be able to switch your admin to Polish within the Settings > Account > Staff account section as shown here. All these languages are currently in beta, just so we can fix the translations if needed. Our Polish Support team are happy to edit any translations if you would like to provide some feedback?

Thanks a mill, 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hey,

Hmmm, its not showing up on my store:

Screenshot_20190909-143029.jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 33 49

Hmmmm... that's strange for sure! I'm going to email you directly within a few mins if you can keep an eye out for the email. I'd like to confirm the account and take a closer look into this with you.

Chat to you soon! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

It seems that Shopify is not quite ready to release it to the merchants, even though their support staff already see it.
But it's good news regardless, since it means it's already in beta, and it won't be too long until the rest of us see it. (saying that, 'won't be long' does seem to have a different meaning in Shopify-verse then everywhere else)

0 Likes

Hi @Ted ! Sorry for jumping into a solved thread but I'd like to ask if I can somehow give you a Greek translation of a whole Shopify store so you can add it as an option. 

Planning to build more than one stores in Greek so it's a huge hassle translating every single time from scratch. 

Thanks,

Panos 

0 Likes