What can be done about chargebacks on a closed Shopify store?

shamadilrukshi
4 0 0

I am getting chargebacks from customers on a store that the Risk Operations Team closed a while ago due to they believe my business presents a level of risk. But they haven't described it well. I replied to them back but didn't get any response yet.

Even though I have already fulfilled the orders, I can't submit a response or pay the chargeback cause the store is closed. What should I do? 

Replies 3 (3)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

Hi @shamadilrukshi 

Rein here from Shopify. In these cases as much as I would like to offer specific help, the best place to get help would be with the Risk team by responding to their emails. It can take a few days but ultimately they would be responsible for reviewing this for you. Alternatively you can also chat with our support representatives through either chat/phone or email by navigating to our help centre here.

Once you have logged in, or selected continue without logging in you can then enter a search term into the box such as "chargebacks", then on the results page scroll to the bottom of the list and you will see a button that says "Continue" for support. You can then select your preferred method.

The best process here though, would be to wait for the Risk team to review the account and make their determination. 

Thanks, Rein.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

shamadilrukshi
4 0 0

Hi Rein,

I have reached to them in all the ways you have mentioned. They are confusing me more, and don't give a clear answer. I am really disappointed. There should be a way to respond to chargebacks, or if there is no way to respond, then the Shopify team should completely delete my account, that customers also can't request chargeback since my store is no more. There should be a proper way. This is not a professional or ethical way to handle the business. Still, I don't know a clear reason, why my store is closed. Please advise me on this.

Regards,

Shyamani

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

While there would be no way to check that for you as I cannot verify your identity through the community forums, my advice and the best advice to move forward would be to continue chatting with the team through email and ask clarifying questions. They will get back to you as soon as possible .

I know this is frustrating for you, but the Risk team would be the best and only team to talk to about this. 

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.