Charged 4 days before trial ends

a7on3
2 0 0

HI there,

I had a free trial on this but didn't really use it. I had 4 days left on my trial before I had a message from my bank saying i've been charged £21? 

Please get this refunded to me as this is very unlawful and I will have to get the banks involved if it is not done so.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
666 43 84

Hello, @a7on3!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm happy to help you find out what this charge was for.

A bill for your Shopify subscription can only be issued once the 14-day trial ends, even if you've selected a plan beforehand. If you had started making sales before the trial ended, then charges may have come through for things like a domain purchase or shipping labels. But since you've mentioned you didn't use the trial much, it's more likely to have been app charges in this case.

Did you receive an email notification from Shopify about the invoice? Do you remember whether you followed these steps to close the store before the trial ended? If the charge came from Shopify, there should also be an 8-digit invoice number associated with it on your bank statement. Let me know if you see that number.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
a7on3
2 0 0
Hi there, I didn't use the trial at all until I got the message I was going
to be charged for no reason, after that I closed the trial and it had 4
days remaining. The invoice number is 99853851. I would appreciate it if
you could get this resolved quickly because I am a uni student and need the
money. Thank you

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
666 43 84

Thanks, @a7on3!

For security reasons, I will need to authenticate your account in order to discuss the charge details. I have sent you an email so that I can follow up with you privately once I've located this invoice. Whenever you have a chance, please respond to the email with your .myshopify.com URL to confirm which store we're looking into. Thank you so much!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes