Charged after pausing my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, I recently paused my store before my free trial ended. Last night I was charged USD$29 for the basic plan. I was assured when my store was paused I would not be charged any monthly fees. Can somebody please refund me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
895 77 102

Hi @cobygoldner,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us and for letting us know. 

If you log into your admin and select Settings > Billing > Recent invoices, could you please confirm the exact plan that's stated on your most recent invoice along with the amount that was charged? Would you be able to confirm who advised that you wouldn't be charged for a paused plan? We do offer a pause and build plan for $9 as mentioned in this guide so I'd just like to confirm if it was our staff or possibly a developer who advised that you wouldn't be charged for a dormant (pause and build) plan. 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ted,

I can't even access my store. When I log on to my Shopify it says 'Your store is currently on the Pause plan. Select one of these plans to start working on your store again.' It gives me the option to go on the $9 per month plan. While I was going through the process of pausing my store the website prompts said I would be able to leave my store paused (unaccessible) for as long as I want without being charged. I tried to delete it but I could only figure out how to pause it which I figured was the same thing. 

I would appreciate it if you could help me remove/delete my store and get a refund. I have no intention to use Shopify again so I would like a refund and to remove my store, please. Once again, I used the free trial for about a week and did not go over the free trial period where I should have been billed. I have the bill (Shopify statement) in my emails and I am happy to share these details with you. I was billed $31.90 USD. ($29.00 USD for Shopify subscription and $2.90 USD for Australian GST. 

Thank you, I look forward to a reply

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
895 77 102

Hi @cobygoldner,

Thanks for letting me know!

Going by the log in issue you've referenced, it sounds as though you might have another store under the same email address which is affecting your login and more. I'd need to take a closer look at the account to determine what's happened. I've just emailed you there to authenticate and review the account, please keep an eye out for my email and if you've any further questions, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes