Checkout Shipping Text "calculated at next step"

Highlighted
Excursionist
51 0 7

Why does it say "calculated at next step" next to the SHIPPING CHARGE line at checkout when my store is using Price Based Shipping?  There is absolutely NOTHING at the next step that is going to help determine the shipping charges.  With Price Based Shipping, the charges have already been determined before the customer gets to checkout.  Nothing is going to change that at the "next step". 

Why can't Shopify figure out how to put the actual shipping charges on that line at checkout?  The #1 reason for abandoned carts is when customers have to enter in a bunch of information at checkout just to see their shipping charges.  And please don't say get a shipping calculator app because I have one already and that only shows shipping charges in the cart, not at checkout.  That's an entirely different problem that Shopify can't figure out how to fix.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
479 41 104

Hi, @Cary_Silverman!

Julie here from Shopify Support. I completely understand where you’re coming from. When offering price-based rates, there really isn’t anything being calculated. However, there is a workaround here! 

You can change the "calculated at next step" message using the Language Editor. The Language Editor allows you to change the wording in your theme. For example, you can change "Cart" to "Shopping bag", or "Sold out" to "Unavailable".

In this case, you'll want to change "calculated at next step". To do this, simply head on over to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages. You'll then notice a field to filter your search. If you do a filtered search for "calculated at next step”, you'll notice a section under Checkout & system for the Shipping default value with the "calculated at next step" messaging. You'll just want to edit that particular section. This is what it will look like:

24-40-a9knc-y7rbx

While you're in the Language Editor, it might also be a good idea to change the default "Taxes and shipping calculated at checkout" message in the cart as well. You can do this either by heading into the Cart section or by doing another filtered search. The Language Editor is a great tool to change any default wording in your theme. You can learn more about it here.  

I’d also be happy to send this feedback to our developers as a feature request. If it’s a feature we move forward with, we’ll make sure to let you and all other merchants know. You can also keep up to date on new features through our Shopify Changelog, as well as our announcements page. Thanks for your feedback and let me know if this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
66 0 0

Hi dear, check this wonderful app for manage the store products pricing, Shopify price calculator App allows your customers to conveniently fetch the price of their products by entering measurements in length, area, volume, and weight. You can add a base price to each variable-sized product. 

d3d55b046f8cab37e4d7c2226d5f55f9

0 Likes