Checkout & system / Checkout remember me

JluxCloset
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi I am very new to Shopify! I accidentally deleted the code under Checkout & system / Checkout remember me which was a labeled as "description html" Can someone tell me if this is important for my website and how can I get it back.

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @JluxCloset!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Were you trying to change the wording in your theme? This is handled in your language editor, which you can access under Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages.

There is a section for Checkout & system in the language editor, which allows you to edit the wording that appears in your checkout. If you deleted wording in one of the fields there, then the best way to replace it would be to install a fresh version of your theme. You don't need to publish this theme; instead, you can use this theme to access the language editor and see what was entered in the Description html field so you can then add it back to your currently published theme. 

That being said, I took a look at the language editor for my own theme (I'm currently using Brooklyn) to see what's entered in the Description html field and this is what I see: 

21-04-85fkf-wtgjn

However, this may be a bit different on your end, depending on the theme you're using. For that reason, it might be a good idea to install a fresh version so you can confirm if this is the case. 

I hope this helps! Let me know how that goes.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog