Checkout is disabled

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm using the trial version of Shopify to see whether I should use it on my website. It seems pretty good. I only need to use BuyButtons (have my own website). But when I'm testing it and trying to check out I get a message saying Checkout is Disabled. I've established payment services (Shopify and Paypal). The checkout page itself looks fine. What does one have to do to test payment?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
206 21 48

Hi, @SteveAltman!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to our Community Forums. It's so good to hear that you're enjoying Shopify so far and that you're ready to test your payments.

During your free trial, you're given access to the account equal to the Basic Plan so you can try out all the features available on that plan. The only caveat of this is that the checkout is disabled during the free trial - unless you've picked a plan. If you pick a plan on the free trial, you will be required to add a credit card for billing - but we won't charge you the cost of the subscription until your trial is completed. As you've mentioned you won't need the website, just the Buy Buttons, you'll select the Lite Plan (which will remove the online store) and you'll then be able to test your checkout.

You can choose to test the checkout with a real credit card or real payments or you can simulate test transactions to make sure it's all set up correctly. If you're using Shopify Payments, you can test successful transactions as well as failed ones so you can see what error messages may be displayed to your customers. You can check out your options for testing Shopify Payments right here: https://bit.ly/3aOOHoa. Once you're done testing just make sure you turn off the test mode to ensure customers are charged and that you receive your payments.

If you're using a third-party gateway, your best bet is to chat with them to see if you're able to test payments using their test methods. Most gateways would allow this.

As soon as you've picked a plan, added a payment method and tested your checkout, you'll be free to launch. Again, you won't be charged until your initial trial is finished.

If you have any questions on this, please reply to this thread and I'll be happy to help out.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes