Checkout issues

Livike
5 0 0

Hi, any help? Customers can't get beyond 'information page in checkout.

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

Hey, @Livike!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting in the Shopify Community Forums! 

I understand you're experiencing an issue with the online checkout, where customers are unable to proceed past the "information" step. I'm happy to help out with finding a solution to this problem. In order to resolve this, we first need to understand why it's happening. Could you please reply back to this post with the following information? This should help us determine our best next steps: 

• What is your .myshopify.com URL? I will test if I can proceed past the "Information" step of the checkout on my end.
  • Are customers getting an error message when they try to proceed through the checkout?
    • If so, please provide a screenshot in your reply of the error.
    • If not, what exactly is preventing them from proceeding? 
  • Have customers been able to complete checkouts successfully in the past? If so, when did the issue first occur?

Looking forward to receiving your reply so we can dig into this deeper together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Livike
5 0 0
Thank you for your reply,.. here's it:

Livikeshop.myshopify.com
-I noticed that the"information" page Just reloads after filling out
information and clicking the button instead of loading the next page.
-The last successful checkout was done 18/8/2020, it was a test run I did
as a guest.
0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

Hey, @Livike!

Ash here again. Thank you for getting back to me with your shops URL. I just loaded up your site and added a random product to the cart for a test. I was able to proceed past the "Information" step of the checkout with no issues on my end, leading me to believe there may be a localized issue on your end which we can troubleshoot. Can you please try the following steps and then try again to proceed past the "Information" step of the checkout? 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

If the issue persists after trying the above steps, could you please take a screen recording of the issue in action and send it to me in a reply here? 

Looking forward to hearing back, and hopefully those steps clear up the problem. 

Livike
5 0 0
Okay, thank you very much. I will if it does.
0 Likes
Livike
5 0 0

Thank you for the help, I was able to get past that point but encountered another about my location not supported for shipping although my POD company (gooten) ships the product worldwide.

I have tried changing it in settings but to no avail.please help with this. Thank you

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 69 91

Hey, @Livike!

Thank you for getting back to me with that update. It's great to hear you were able to proceed through the next steps of your checkout. Regarding the notice about your location not being supported for shipping, is this a notice you're seeing in the shipping section of the checkout? If so, then you'll probably need to head over to your Settings> Shipping in the Shopify admin and modify your stores shipping rates. 

While Gooten may ship world wide, it's still up to you as a business to specify where you ship to, and set up your stores shipping rates accordingly. Our Help Center has a section with information on setting up shipping rates for your Shopify store, but I suggest first checking out the documentation Gooten has on fulfillment and shipping for their Shopify integration. That page has information on some settings they recommend applying, as well as how they recommend setting up shipping rates for your Gooten products on your Shopify store.  

0 Likes