Checkout options on Shopify Plus

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

We're currently moving our current e-commerce store from a learning/education-centric platform to Shopify.

We're debating Shopify vs Shopify Plus – our current monthly turnover is about $200k plus we have plans to expand this comprehensively once the migration is complete.

But one of the main draws for me is the option to customise the Shopify Plus checkout page.

We sell digital products, and our current checkout process (on Podia) is incredibly simple – the user fills in their email address, their card info, and boom, they're done (via Stripe, or Paypal if they wish). The idea of making people fill out a full physical address is a bit crazy, particularly when there's no shipping involved – and as these are low-cost low-margin products, every fraction of a % is going to count when it comes to our conversion rate.

I know Shopify Plus checkouts are customisable. But how customisable – is it functional, or just aesthetic? I know the address field is sometimes needed for verification, but is it possible to create a more seamless 'Buy Now' experience on a product page that doesn't force users to go via a cart, via name/address, and the whole rigmarole. What are our options here? And what changes can be made to a checkout page that really impacts the conversion rate?

Because if the customisation is limited we may just stay on the regular Shopify platform altogether (though Flow and Launchpad are both major draws also, and could pay their own way in terms of saved staffing and software costs).

Does anyone have examples/screenshots of really frictionless Shopify Plus checkout experiences? Thanks in advance for your help. I'm both very experienced and completely inexperienced when it comes to ecomm, and looking forward to learning more!

tl;dr: How customisable is the Shopify Plus checkout process, can we remove the address fields, and can it really impact conversion rates – or is it just about branding?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9933 106 1766

The checkout is going to have required fields that capture info on the customer on that first step. Checkout.liquid access would let you hide fields but that doesn’t get you around making sure they are filled in. Also note that the required fields do differ from country to country (eg, postcode is not required in all countries).

Shop Pay may help remove some friction for existing Shopify customers that have opted to use it so that’s something to consider.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes