Why won't my checkout page load and jumps back to cart?

Ron96
7 0 0

Hii, can i know why my website Checkout page doesn't Load? auto jump back to cart when i click checkout button. Please Help. Thank you.

Replies 16 (16)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Ron96,

Hank here from Shopify.

Would you be able to share your store URL so that I can test this on my end? Or can you share some screenshots or a video of the process and then I can see if there are any error messages?

It may also be a localized issue such as your Internet Service Provider, or your browser. Can you try opening your admin or your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache and attempting this again?

It is also important to note that you must be on a paid plan, to see the checkout, as the checkout is disabled when on a trial unless placing a test order.

Let me know how you get on, or any additional questions you may have.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ron96
7 0 0

Hii @Hank, Thanks for your reply. For your information, my website not yet publish. During customize, when i click checkout page, there shown select page no checkout page. Can i know what the problem and solutions? 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for confirming.

So as I mentioned, if not on a paid plan there is no checkout associated with your store. So this could be why you are not able to preview. But if you place a test order by using the above guide, you will be able to simulate what the checkout process looks like.

Ron96
7 0 0

Thank you for the reply, i check my current plan is Basic Shopify/Monthly. why still face checkout error problem ya?

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Can you share some screenshots of this and your store URL so I can see the error?

Ron96
7 0 0

Hii Hanks, thanks again. Actually my store not yet publish. izit also a problem too?? no error pop out but only jump back to cart when i click checkout, i cannot go to my checkout page on preview and customize mode. Please help. thank you.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

The fact your store is not published should not be an issue unless you are on either a trial or a paused/dormant plan.

Can you confirm your store is not on the pause and build plan as you have already confirmed it is not a trial?

But if you are not on a pause plan, can you send me screenshots or a video of the loop you are describing as I need to see the steps you are taking.

Ron96
7 0 0

Screenshot (84).png

Hii Hanks, 

This is my current plan ya.  how i can check my plan is a paused/dormant plan? Thank you.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for that, it looks like you are on an active plan.

Are you able to show me the steps you are taking in recreating the checkout not appearing? 

As you mentioned your website is not published currently you are trying to see your checkout within the theme editor is that right (Online store > Themes > Customize >Checkout page)?

This is from my test store, and within the editor when you change it to the Checkout page, you will see something similar. 

04-45-6nzb9-ci1jk

Can you show me what you are seeing?

Ron96
7 0 0

HI Hanks, here i attached the screenshot ya. when i click checkout section..then face tis problemScreenshot (86).png

thank you

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

From that screenshot, it does not look like you have selected a page at the top of the editor?

Can you click on this and change it to the Checkout page?

04-16-59jmy-o5it7

If once you click on this it still does not load, I think the issue is almost certainly a localized issue. Then I would recommend trying as I suggested opening your admin in an incognito window to see if you can replicate this, and if you can, then you need to clear your cache and try once more.

khaiyuan
5 0 0

Hi Hank,

We're facing the same issue, customers are complaining about not being able to load the checkout page and following your guide. The Checkout page loads for us. So what would the issue be for us?

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 12.37.33 PM.png

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @khaiyuan 

Eunice here from Shopify. Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community!

From your message it sounds like you can see your checkout page when you view your storefront, however, your customers cannot. Is that right?

Do you have an idea of how many customers this is effecting? Do they see any error messages when trying to check out?

Hope to hear from you soon.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

khaiyuan
5 0 0

Hi @Eunice ,

We were told there are some apps or code errors in our store, goodmates.sg , we did not customize any code. 

We've reached out to Shopify themes for the last few days, but nobody getting back to us and we're losing customers each day.

If you can go to our website, and add something to the cart, you couldn't click thru the 'check out' button.

Not sure what to do at the moment.

Appreciate your help to look into this urgently.

Yuan

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Thank you for getting back to me, @khaiyuan 

It looks like your issue has now been resolved since we last communicated - great news! I have just tested your checkout and can confirm that I am able to place an item in my cart, and then proceed to click the 'check out' button which takes me through to the shipping details page.

Love your store by the way. Such unique, yummy products! Have you thought about adding an 'About Us' page? When a visitor wants to learn more about you or your business, the About page is the page they’ll look for. Check out this Shopify blog for some tips on how to create yours.

Hope this helps 😊

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

khaiyuan
5 0 0

Hi @Eunice 

As Shopify didn't email back to us, we paid a sub-con to fix the issue for us as we couldn't wait any longer.

Thanks for the feedback. We will do so!

Yuan