Checkout problems

Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

Hello.

Today, I have had 7 add to carts but 0 sales. This is the first time that I have had such a ratio of sales to add to carts. How can i best check what is going on at checkout?  tyvm!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 100 243

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

So sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. When it comes to abandoned carts it can boil down to a number of things. When a merchant gets in touch when facing an issue like this I always start by trying to replicate the issue the customer experienced. Take a look at your abandoned checkouts and click into the latest one. Take note of the products they tried to purchase and where they were trying to ship to. You will then go to your storefront and replicate that order. Add the same items to your carts and try to ship to the same country they tried to checkout to doing so will show you where in the checkout process they got to and what possible error message the received. 

Generally speaking, it is usually one of the following:

• No shipping for the selected destination. This just means that you do not have a shipping rate set up for said country or cart. 
  • Payment Gateway error. If you are using Shopify Payments make sure that it is not in test mode, if you are using a third party - disconnect the gateway and reconnect it. Try to replicate the error, if the error persists reach out to your payment gateway. 

Please do let me know how this goes and if you cannot figure out what the issue is, please do provide a link to your store so I can replicate the error on my side! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
87 0 7

thanks Bo. I will look into this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I tried this and it’s still not working please help. My customers can’t get pass the “ continue to shipping” page

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are having the same issue. Can't get past the "cart" page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

What's the solution to this ?? Thanks i'm facing the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

do you have already the solution to this problem ?? i think i have the same problem  because i'm getting alot of dropouts in the checkout process. . . thank you in advance

0 Likes