Checkout redirect issue to payment gateway page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I am building my store and I am currently facing an issue related to the checkout page. There is this error that shows up, " looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here." The redirect should ideally take me to the payment gateway page which is not happening currently.

I can't find the javascript where I need to fix the above error. I have tried everything that was available on the above problem. I am using the Minimal Shopify theme. Please can someone assist? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
541 53 68

Hey, @Ruhi.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

It sounds like you're trying to reach the checkout from the Storefront editor. Not to worry, there isn't anything wrong with your checkout.

The Storefront editor is for designing your store and isn't able to navigate outside of your store, which includes the checkout. Though you can edit certain elements of your checkout in the Theme settings, the checkout is a secured area of Shopify and isn't part of the Storefront editor. If you're looking to test your checkout or payment gateway, you'll want to visit your store by opening a separate window using the direct URL. Alternatively, you can also use the preview functions within your admin - Which looks like this:

15-18-qhilc-nrnio

OR

15-19-rnlrt-2kace

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Elias,

Many thanks for your response. I managed to get the problem resolved. The error only appears in the editor now but on the live site the redirect is happening to the payment gateway page. Previously this wasn't the case. Thanks again!!

Ruhi

0 Likes