Checkout showing "shipping address" for non-physical items in cart

WildPrairie
Visitor
1 0 1

I have 2 products:

• One is a subscription / physical item
  • The other is a non-physical item
  • If both are added to cart, and if/then the physical item is removed, the form will persistently show "shipping address" instead of just "billing address".
  • The customer is allowed to checkout, but the experience is horrible, as the checkout page (which is uneditable) indicates that the non-physical item will be shipped to the address provided.
  • Please fix.
Replies 5 (5)

JohnHa
Shopify Partner
108 1 20

Hi @WildPrairie,

You can disable the shipping requirement for digital products using Bulk Editor.

Here, you can add the field for 'Requires shipping', then make sure all of your digital products have this checkbox unchecked. Then just click 'Save all changes" at the top right and you should be good to go!

After making the changes, you can make sure things work properly by adding your products to the cart and proceeding to the checkout.

banned
uhuhleuh
Visitor
1 0 2

A shame it doesn't work. I think I tried everything: turn on and off physical product manually, using bulk editor, recreating the products, praying to the Nordic gods... still requires shipping address at checkout (even worse: I selected to copy address to billing and it doesn't do it. How is it possible that such basic functionality doesn't work?)

cdimitroulas
Visitor
2 0 2

We're experiencing the same issue. Products do not have the "This is a physical product" checkbox checked but shipping address is still being asked for at the checkout stage.

tadoro
Visitor
1 0 0

i have the same problem. Digital product but asks for address did you find a solution

cdimitroulas
Visitor
2 0 2

Yes, it was a bug on Shopify's side. We contacted their support and they had an engineer fix something on their side which solved the problem *shrug*