Checkout

Dropshopukk
2 0 0

Hi all 

just a quick one , I am getting loads of new customers who sign up and add items to the checkout but don’t actually buy my goods.

is there something I’m doing wrong? How do I know if people are having troubles buying? 

any tips on how to get people to buy and no abandon?

thanks 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

Hi, @Dropshopukk

While I can understand that seeing a number of abandoned carts can be concerning, they are a normal part of operating an online business. A few things that can cause abandon carts are: 

1. High shipping costs - These are often the number one reason why people abandon their checkout carts. 
  2. Payment providers - What options do you have available? Only offering one type of payment method (i.e Paypal) could deter people from checking out.
  3. Errors within the checkout - Have you tried adding an item to your cart and starting the checkout process? Are you able to get to the payment page? 

I'd recommend reviewing your store and comparing it to the points made above. See if anything sticks out to you. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Dropshopukk
2 0 0

Hi 

thanks for the response

my shipping is set at £3.75 and free shipping with orders over £100. I don’t think that’s unreasonable?

nu payment methods aren’t restricted to one payment it’s got most of them.

the checkout does work as I got my partner to do a dummy order on there and it works fine.

thanks 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

@Dropshopukk 

Thank you for the context. I don't think your shipping is unreasonable either; so this is likely due to people simply checking out the website if you're unable to see any errors appearing in the checkout. 

• Are you targeting a broad or narrow range of customers? While you may get more traffic the wider you cast your net, you may not be getting valuable traffic in that you're paying for people who are likely not interested in the product(s) you sell. 
  • Are you selling a wide variety of products, or have you selected a niche? 
  • Have you researched who your target audience is, and how best to interact with them?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes